Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kirby

Thoughts on some new medical drugs out there?

After having recently tried out some of the new OTC drugs (Mucinex, Excederin, etc.) I was curious as to what other people thought about specific medications and how each one deals in comparison to the other. Is there a specific one that you believe works the best?

I've always found that Tylenol or Advil is really all you need, but it's interesting to look at what else is out there. What do people think about the increase in new drugs for specific, minor ailments?

Excedrin is new? (Hint: it was first made in 1960.)

What kind of medications do you mean? Strictly headache? Cold and cough? Sleep aids? Yeast infection treatment?

Change the title to "Thoughts on some new MEDICAL drugs out there?"

I was getting ready to share a LOT of interesting stories.

Bloodshedder said:

Excedrin is new? (Hint: it was first made in 1960.)

What kind of medications do you mean? Strictly headache? Cold and cough? Sleep aids? Yeast infection treatment?

Well, I guess its not new, but the commercials would make you thik different.

Just any medication that you find yourself using or trusting.

Head-On: Apply directly to the forehead!
(repeat ad nauseum)

I just don't trust that commercial nor its repeating sublimial slogan.

Kirby said:
Just any medication that you find yourself using or trusting.

Aspirin rarely maybe if I have a high fever, or a headache (and generally I prefer to find the cause and see if it's necessary first). Also anticough pills (based on some plant) if I have a cough and have to go somewhere, or I've used antiseptic (or alcohol) in case of wounds or rashes getting bad or irritated. Other than that, only if I'm sick and the doc prescribes something.

HWGuy said:

Wall: apply directly to the forehead!

Gah I hate that commercial.

XDelusion said:

I like Marijuana, it don't eat up your stomache, brain, or sanity.

Takes the pain away and leaves a lot of side effects. Some of them are great...

HWGuy said:

(repeat ad nauseum)

I just don't trust that commercial nor its repeating sublimial slogan.

I've never seen that commercial. But just by reading the transcript you typed of it, I never want to.

ducon said:

He eats pot.

Vaporizer. :D

also, its not like people who smoke pot are smoking two packs of the stuff a day. if they do, well then they need some sort of help, because there is obviously some kind of psychological issue they need to confront.

insertwackynamehere said:

well then they need some sort of help, because there is obviously some kind of psychological issue they need to confront.

Only if the amount they use has a detrimental effect on their lives. It's not so much any arbitrary amount you deem excessive but rather why they use.

I'm using an old, old, old, old, old medical drug, known as Cannabis, AKA..."Marijuana" and I think it's just dandy.

Quast said:

Only if the amount they use has a detrimental effect on their lives. It's not so much any arbitrary amount you deem excessive but rather why they use.

okay so your gonna argue that someone who chain smokes marijuana doesnt have a psychological problem? marijuana is hardly physically addictive but some people may have a mental addiction, and a mental addiction means that if there is a "why", it's a bad one. I'm very liberal when it comes to views on marijuana but you cannot possibly be trying to argue that someone who smokes 2-3 packs equivalent of weed a day DOESNT have some sort of psychological issue going on.

if Advil Liqui-gels don't work... you're outta luck.

Congrats on everyone turning this thread into shit with weed propaganda.

Look, I'm not trying to say it is impossible to have drug issues. What I am saying is that that amount and frequency one uses is not inheritly "bad" unless it creates problems in their life. If someone is getting stoned all day every day and they can't make it to work on time and blow off grandmas dinner date for gravity hits, then yeah, there's a problem. But that has nothing to do with some random amount they smoke.

Also, they could be smoking shitty grass for all I know. Seriously. Potency in cultivars can vary quite a bit.

If I had to abuse one prescription medication, it'd probably be Provigil. I was on that for a month or two once, and it was awesome.

I've been taking Paxil. I used to be uptight and anxious about everything, and I always thought I was doing something wrong. Now I feel great almost all the time.