Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I agree with Gusta... sheesh, been gone for too long to get the lingo anymore. ;)

In less technical terms, the type of memory overflow that normally leads to the all ghosts bug (or a crash) occurred. Fortunately, the overflow was small and so had no bad effects.

Needed a break from Map29 (25 minutes is my goal there), so I just improved Map20 UV Max to 7:39. Easy map, crappy first exit. I go on with it.

EDIT: 2nd exit in 6:41. Very nice :)

Map16 UV Max in 7:43.

I'd try and get this under 7:30 but I didn't really enjoy the map.

Edit: Map08 UV Max in 3:11.

Fun map, a welcome change from map16.

That covers the non-fast UV Max demos from this thread. Is the rest of the SDA table up-to-date or were there some other submissions made after the last update?

Edit2: Map25 UV Max in 6:30.

Whee, BFG slaughter :).

MAP29 UV Speed in 3:42. Speedrunning past hundreds of monsters is much more fun than I had imagined. I may try a few more of these on other maps.

Domrem: Nice run but I am not sure if you havent overlooked BFG on the top of the "imps" hill behind the metal switch.
Belial: Great work. I really liked ecspecially map25 now just have to look how did you manage to improve it by 40 sec!

Belial said:

Improved map25 UV Max to 5:50.

Edit: Map03 UV Max in 6:22.

Cool. :) BTW, it's generally a better idea to make new posts instead of editing old ones - VBulletin does not send out reply notifications for edits, so it's much easier to miss those, especially when you've already read the unedited post. :)

Great demos, though. :)

Schneelocke said:

BTW, it's generally a better idea to make new posts instead of editing old ones

When several hours have passed, and the edit adds significant new content, as in this case, that is certainly true. I had almost missed the map03 demo myself.

I'm especially impressed by Belial's BFG use in some of these demos. He makes two-shot cyber kills look routine, for instance.

Grazza said:
He makes two-shot cyber kills look routine, for instance.

Or, against groups of smaller monsters, often optimizes the shock damage spread effectively so as to hit many targets.

Grazza said:

He makes two-shot cyber kills look routine, for instance.

I've been using that rocket dodge thing on cybers whenever possible since the day I figured it out, which was well over a year ago, so I guess timing it right did become routine for me.

Here's one last demo before I take a break from HR2 and recording in general.

Map32 in 19:40.

Belial said:

Here's one last demo before I take a break from HR2 and recording in general.

Map32 in 19:40.

What a sweet way to end a day, especially one that mostly revolved around an (unsuccessful) visit to an oral surgeon. I'll watch this now before I go to bed, as a treat. :)

Ok, I finally did h220 in 4:44..There is still a lots of mistakes so feel free about time around 3:30...
Sent to mr.Opulent

Been awhile since I've done a demo, so I went back to old reliable, map 23, to record a new UV-Speed on. Shaved off 7 seconds from the previous run, making the new time 3:02. Small mistakes in spots, but otherwise not a bad run.

I'd wager under 3 minutes is possible here, but I'm not going to bother with it right now :P.

Sending the run to Ops now.

Well...all I'm going to say is I've finally done it :).

Map23 UV-Speed in 2:58. Broke the 3 minute barrier at last.

I think this will most likely be my last UV-Speed for this level unless some weird speed trick gets found.

So...being sent to Ops now.