Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Xanthier

Heath Ledger to play Joker in next "Batman"

I think Matt Damon being cast (well, rumored) as Captain Kirk in the new Star Trek movie is far more disturbing.

Bucket said:
Eh, he might be able to pull it off.

Not as well as Jack Nicholson, impossible! ... and that's part of the problem here. No matter how well (or poor) he does, he'll always be compared to Nicholson's performance. Why didn't they use a previously unused villain instead, like the Mad Hatter?

Kristian Ronge said:

Not as well as Jack Nicholson, impossible!

please, nicholson was just playing his usual self with a side portion of ham.

I'm interested to see a joker who is actually played like a real life psychotic.

I agree, but Heath Ledger would not be my first... or even fifth choice. Time will tell if he can play a psychotic killer with a sick and twisted homicidal sense of humor, if you could call it that.

I would have liked to see Mark Hamill or Crispin Glover play the part.

I hated Knight's Tale and I haven't seen anything else the dude was in. I've always thought of him as some sort of no-talent pretty boy.

alexz721 said:

I think Matt Damon being cast (well, rumored) as Captain Kirk in the new Star Trek movie is far more disturbing.

WHAT!? They can't recast major Star Trek characters. That's blasphemy. Screaming throngs of trekkies will have their heads.

Of course, at this point, nothing can be worse than Enterprise.

I would have liked to see Mark Hamill or Crispin Glover play the part.

Mark Hamil would be an awesome choice (though a little old at this point). Crispin Glover would be interesting considering he's already kind of psycho.

Danarchy said:

Mark Hamil would be an awesome choice (though a little old at this point). Crispin Glover would be interesting considering he's already kind of psycho.

Mark Hamill is too old, unfortunately. But then again, he's too familar as the joker anyway. This should be someone fresh. And Crispy is more of a pathetic psycho than a scary psycho. Unless you're David Letterman.

I think Christian Bale would be a perfect choice for the Joker. Oh, god damnit.

GGG said:

Mark Hamill is too old, unfortunately. But then again, he's too familar as the joker anyway. This should be someone fresh. And Crispy is more of a pathetic psycho than a scary psycho. Unless you're David Letterman.

I think Christian Bale would be a perfect choice for the Joker. Oh, god damnit.

LOL

BATMAN CONTINUES! Featuring Christian bale as, Batman/Bruce Wayne/The Joker/Comissioner Gordon/Robin/Alfred/etc

You know the people responsible for that animation? My roommate played it so much I nearly strangled him.

to be honest, I think the best joker was mark hamill's animated joker. jack was good, but he was too old and really didn't do much original. he's a decent actor, but I'm not too sure of his range. I think, and hope, that heath ledger can play a sick twisted, sadistic fuck. we will just have to see.

An aussie playing as the Joker? I have my doubts.

Then again, I like Hugh Jackman's portrayal of Wolverine so I guess I should be optimistic at the same time.

alexz721 said:

You know the people responsible for that animation? My roommate played it so much I nearly strangled him.

i do know the sole person, and he's a jerk

They totally lamed up the Scarecrow in the first and he was my favorite batman villain. I can see them make the joker too over the top.

And why couldn't they have cast Willem Defoe or Christopher Walken for this role?

cuz theres more whiny ditzes than peeps who appreciate good film and the producers will sell more ticket s casting pretty bois where they dont belong than doin something that makes sense. but this is far from the worst thing youll see, look who played hercules in a series last year: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1533208/