Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
scwiba

Can anyone give me sources on a few midis?

I'm in the process of gathering midis for my megawad. I've noticed a few in various WADs that I could use, but I was wondering if anyone could let me know where they came from originally.

The first one, I've heard in a lot of places, but the only two I can name off the top of my head are Simplicity's Map04 and Scythe Map17

I don't think any midis from Congestion 1024 were original to that project so I was wondering where the music in Map07 came from, or if it was in fact made specifically for Congestion.

Finally, back when I played ZDaemon CTF (zdctfmp2.wad), I was quite fond of Map19's music, and I'm hoping to use that, but I'd like to know what it's from. More recently, I heard a slightly different version of it in Map51 of DSV5, if that helps.

DSV5 map51 came from Descent.
Simplicity's Map04 and Scythe Map17 came from map20 of Evilution in Final Doom.

Vile said:

DSV5 map51 came from Descent.
Simplicity's Map04 and Scythe Map17 came from map20 of Evilution in Final Doom.

Thanks for the help. I feel sort of stupid missing that Evilution one.

Dittohead said:

Off topic, but whats this megawad that you speak of?

It's a one-man project I've been working on for years. I haven't really been advertising it since it's far from completion and won't be for a while, but it's a 32 map replacement with some new enemies and a new weapon or two as well as a fresh storyline.

Once it's closer to being released, I'll start posting screens and more details, but don't hold your breath.

Shtbag667 said:

Map 7 in 1024 is megadeath, unless I have an older version. Some of the midis in 1024 are original because I made them for it.

Did you make the midi for map07? If so, is there any chance I could use it for my own project? If you want to make sure we have the same version, I could send you the midi from that map.

I didn't make map 7's music, I downloaded it along with a bunch of other metal midis from a geoshitties website that no longer exists. I guess that means you can use it too.

Searcher said:

You might look at these:
tolwyn
http://www.doomworld.com/tolwyn/

And Mark Klem also has a page with orig midis.

I was really impressed by the music in Memento Mori II and STRAIN years ago. I've already grabbed a few of Tolwyn's midis and wanted to make use of one or two of Mark Klem's which were amazing, but I was under the impression his weren't available to be used by anyone.

I've done a bit of searching, but haven't come up with anything.

RoneKyakone said:
I've done a bit of searching, but haven't come up with anything.

Ask Tolwyn (through email or PM); he might know what Klem's stance is regarding the use of the MIDIs, or might be able to provide some means to contact him directly.