Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What do you know, I'm starting another Skulltag Dm project, anyways ill give you a little background on it.
With this wad I'm going to try some wacky ideas and a little creativity in my maps, placing you in areas where you wouldn't think a dm would take place, such as an asteroid belt, or the inside of a cow, maybe a graveyard, and a little marines on a plane, anyways i'm trying to stay away from conventional maps with this one and we will see how it goes when its done, here's some screens from the first map.
Asteroids:Doom edition
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y104/Sammydawg/DOOM0025.png
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y104/Sammydawg/DOOM0024.png
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y104/Sammydawg/DOOM0023.png

The sky looks horrible and what the hell is this yellow thingy in the mittle of the map?
Other than that, it looks like it could be fun... reminds me of that one map in Q3Arena!

HobbsTiger1 said:

Is this to make up for your inability to map normal structures or...?

Looks like somebodies mommy hit them when they were little

Th0r, just because you can't map that doesnt mean you have to be angry at hobbs.

I never said i could map, only reason i post this stuff is to get better. And just because you dont like mean it doesnt mean you can raid every one of my threads with dumb and or negative comments.

Vader said:

The sky looks horrible and what the hell is this yellow thingy in the mittle of the map?
Other than that, it looks like it could be fun... reminds me of that one map in Q3Arena!

Remember the game Asteroid, its the ship and the ships shot. And its still in the early stages, i plan to change the sky.

Th0r said:

Remember the game Asteroid, its the ship and the ships shot. And its still in the early stages,

God I hope so, I first mistook the "shot" for some sort of console hom transferred to the game.

With an different sky it should look alot better, maybe make those platforms nicely curved looks so blocky and pionty now.
Just keep mapping please :) it looks alright so far it just needs some more work.

dutch devil said:

With an different sky it should look alot better, maybe make those platforms nicely curved looks so blocky and pionty now.
Just keep mapping please :) it looks alright so far it just needs some more work.

In the game asteroids they were pointy
http://users.tkk.fi/~eye/videogames/asteroid2.jpg
and im not exactly sure what i could do for the sky, instead of telling me my sky sucks, offer some suggestions of how to fix it.

Psycho Siggi said:

Use a different one.

Its supposed to be space, note the name ASTEROIDS, like in SPACE.
Im just going to make the sky all black.

Th0r said:

Looks like somebodies mommy hit them when they were little

Looks like somebody forgot ranting at Hobbs' trolling is like screaming at a sponge to try and make it give him a million dollars.

I kind of agree with Hobbs, the sky looks horrible. It looks as though it is composed of 3000 squares against a black background. Try a different sky. I coudn't help but notice that there were several unknown thing sprites. Fix them. Get rid of that ugly yellow thing in the middle of the map, and make better use of ALL the skull tag features.
That's about all the advice I can give you.

Craigs said:

I kind of agree with Hobbs, the sky looks horrible. It looks as though it is composed of 3000 squares against a black background. Try a different sky. I coudn't help but notice that there were several unknown thing sprites. Fix them. Get rid of that ugly yellow thing in the middle of the map, and make better use of ALL the skull tag features.
That's about all the advice I can give you.

The unknown things are just my 3d editor camera, and i got rid of the "shot" and i plan to add some jump pads.

I like it. Hope it plays well.

Although I would try to design it without the ship and shot in it. I think just having an asteroid belt themed map is a cool idea, without the asteroid game crossover gimmick added in. You can keep it in if you want though. It reminds me a lot of Quake3, which is good cuz they have some really good DM maps.

And I agree with what everyone's said about the sky... it looks like someone sneezed on it. I'm sure there's a better starry sky out there.

Th0r said:

Its supposed to be space, note the name ASTEROIDS, like in SPACE.
Im just going to make the sky all black.

I would recommend creating a skybox with stars, suns, planets and other stuff :)

You could also look around at skies in different wads. I've seen lots of nice space/starry night sky textures.

That sky looks like it could be really pretty, but unfortunately the Doom palette pretty much butchers it =P

^^^^
What he said.

If you can find a way to make it look nicer and somewhat more scaled (from what I can tell in that pic, the sky is huge) then it might look a lot better, but right now its not too great.....

Lol guys, i know it looks like shit, i didnt make it a friend did, i dont plan on even using that. It was kinda a joke.

Well i agree,but this isnt a joke wad(i might make one later, maybe not tho) im still looking for a descent starry sky

Maps finished, but im not going to publicly release it, if you REALLY want a copy, PM me.