Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Vile

Descent 1 speedruns

Something I made a while back with the help of some SDA locals... they can't be entered as official records since they were recorded with a source port, but they've been reuploaded to YouTube for entertainment value. Hope you like 'em.

Video quality isn't great, but whatever. Wonder if anyone will ever try Descent 2 (the best in the series, IMO).

neat, although that resolution just hurts my eyes.
I preferred the AVIs when you had them at Lag's.
As I think I said before, my brother ran one of the first Descent contests back in 1997 from Koolbear's site.
He had some trick demos and speedruns then... I see what he still has.

Descent 1 and 2 rock. I'll have to check out these runs when I get back from vacation.

Can someone, please, “translate” the Flash video in a mov, avi or whatever?

Grazza said:

Or are .dem files available?

I would need somewhere to host them. They are about 35 mb altogether, packaged in rar files.

EDIT: or, rather, I can just note that they are still hosted at the site we used for the tables. Click on my name in each level to get the dem files.

I believe original Descent will play them all, despite having been recorded with a port.

Thanks - downloading them now. That game always intrigued me, but I never could get the hang of it. Actually, I got Descent 1 as a freebie (someone I knew had worked on a game for Interplay, and had some spare copies of some of their other stuff), which might be one reason why I never put much effort into it.