Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
IMJack

The Effect of One Person

How much of a difference does one person make? How can one person change history?

Would World War I still have happened if Archduke Ferdinand hadn't died? Would World War II still have happened if Adolf Hitler han't left art school to become a soldier? If they did, would they have played out differently?

Can the world be ruined or destroyed by the actions of a single person, working alone? Can the world be saved by the actions of one person?

I'm not talking about soldiers or pawns who follow the orders of others, or beaureucrats who have to fill out forms in triplicate just to wipe their own ass. I'm talking about people who do things and start things of their own accord; people who rise from obscurity to acheive great accomplishments, or to lead people into new and different directions.

Who among us will rise to the challenge of changing the world? How will history play out differently if they succeed, or if they fail?

I believe that individual people can change the world, but only under certain conditions.

It'll take one exceptional person and special circumstances to change the world.

Btw Hitler alone didn't start WW2. World war 2 started because the allies of WW1 ripped Germany's economy to shreds AND because there was this exceptional lunatic called A. Hitler who used the situation to reach his goals.
If Hitler lived today, he wouldn't achieve much success (at least not in Germany).

history tip: hitler didn't leave art school to be a soldier, he was never accepted. maybe if he was then we would know hitler as the great artist instead.

Hitler was a sensitive man.

He went to art school when he was younger.
He wanted to be a painter.
Hitler was a vegetarian.
He was also a non-smoker.

He hired gay and handicapped officers.
He was concerned about overpopulation.
If Hitler was alive today,
He'd listen to The Cure, The Smiths and Depeche Mode.

lol, i bet he'd listen to cake, too...

lol, i bet he'd listen to cake, too...

Heh... funny visual.

People as a group will always fail at anything they try to do together.

Individually people can do things moderately OK (no dictators, power corrupts), but they will always be outnumbered by a big mob group (which always fails).

It is slowly becoming my goal to sacrifice my life in order to ensure the eventual downfall of this species.

Will I make a difference?

It is slowly becoming my goal to sacrifice my life in order to ensure the eventual downfall of this species.

We need more people like you.

People as a group will always fail at anything they try to do together.

- That's the excact reason why I hate to work in groups - I can usually achieve much better results alone.