Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pritch

Flying to or from Britain this week? Don't bother.

The whole liquid-banning policy is ridiculous anyway. They'll take your water bottles and what-not from your checked baggage, sure, but that doesn't mean you can't sneak it under your clothes. Flammable liquids don't set off metal detectors, and you don't need a lot of kerosene to down a plane. Unless they start frisking all the passengers, the whole thing won't deter the real threats. And when they start frisking, what's to stop an old man from hiding pouches of gasoline in his Depends?

XDelusion said:

If I was a terrorist I'd be hitting up something or a place that seats more people.

It's pyshcological warfare, what they'd call "a demoralizing operation". It's supposed to scare people and basically send the message that you aren't safe anywhere (when it's not totally true).

Naked Snake said:
It's pyshcological warfare, what they'd call "a demoralizing operation". It's supposed to scare people and basically send the message that you aren't safe anywhere (when it's not totally true).

It sure doesn't, or ever has, demoralized any nation, and much less their secuty forces or related forces or industries. On the contrary; it makes the country paranoid and the military more aggressive. This can be seen in practically every case (Spainish ETA, cold war leftist guerrilla attacks, Islamic hostage taking, fundamentalist bombings, etc.). Terrorism is a kind of politicomilitary sabbotage that incites more violence. The "demoralization" rhetoric comes from the military (or broadly security forces) in our western nations as a pretext for (mainly their) action. In any case guerrillas, governments, or groups using terroristic tactics against these work for hurting "the economy" in some way (its similar to a worker's strike), for display ("we can hurt them after all!") and for revenge. These last two being rallying incentives, the first a logistic reason. But in the end its main function is the instrumentation of more such incidents, and warfare. And due to its vague working (you merely need damage or threats) it is exploitable by various interests, as long as they benefit from such violence or war.

Nightmare Doom said:

Perfect Example on how Imperial Empires control it's people through fear (It's nothing more than a Strategy for keeping the Government in Power) ....

Can you elaborate on this rather simplistic statement? What do you actually mean here with regard to what Enjay said?

Anyway as I thoguht Heathrow is still a balls-up two days on. Heathrow really is a total waste of time period these days. For short haul I don't go near the place.

I was just thinking about Enjay's statement on how the rest of the world has been getting these attacks for years, but it wasn't until the US got hit, that everyone began to name there attacks...

...as if the attacks didn't mean anything until the US got hit...

...the World Capital according to business men, but of course not the bank, that's all Europes, and you'll never see them bombed, let alone all the Mason halls over there, nor all the currupt little institute bases in Switzerland, nor Parliament, though that would be awsome!

This plot is weird, it says that "The terrorists plan was to mix 2 chemicals together on the plane to make a volatile mixture"? Yet all over the news I see the security staff making travellers empty their drink containers into a bin, that's surely doing the terrorists job for them isn't it? I doubt very much this would have happened if they really thought there were any strange liquids being smuggled into the airport!

Well if you can find a way to hide explosives in your cock, then I'm sure before long we can get free hand jobs at the air port too!

Something to think about.

fodders said:

This plot is weird, it says that "The terrorists plan was to mix 2 chemicals together on the plane to make a volatile mixture"? Yet all over the news I see the security staff making travellers empty their drink containers into a bin, that's surely doing the terrorists job for them isn't it? I doubt very much this would have happened if they really thought there were any strange liquids being smuggled into the airport!

I thought they were to drop the containers in, and not to just "dump" the liquid out. If it's the other way, it's gargantuan retarded.

Nautilus said:
I wonder how women will be able to feed their babies aboard flights that are at least 7 hours.

We can only be glad they are stopping all those terrorist babies (and mothers) from doing their mischeif.

More news from the war front..Today on msnbc, the channel, it was stated that Syrian tanks were spotted massing along the Israel border, and they were also removing mines. I heard this earlier today, but I can't manage to find a source for this little bit of info on the web...Anyone else heard of this?

Syria? Aw shit.

As that comic stated, if they lose, they still win. those terrorists MADE THAT BABY CRY. That's just some sick bullshit.

Scaremongering. Our government loves it, the US government loves it, and sadly too many people fall for it.

btw the liquid ban would never stop any genuine terrorists from getting them into planes, as they could make it an inside job with whichever airline it is, or the supplier of the bottled water. And if the government wants to carry out another attack to remind us of the so-called threat, that's precisely what they'd do.

Nautilus said:

I wonder how women will be able to feed their babies aboard flights that are at least 7 hours.

breastfeeding!

Must've been somewhat embarassing for all the passengers that packed lube with them.

Why can't they just check the liquids? Too time consuming? They already have to check your ass for polyps before you go on board...what's a little sniff to compare O.J. to Nitroglycerine gonna do?

And Ryanair has the right idea to a point...but there's like 1500 men per woman in that shot...not exactly the mile-high club I had in mind.

You know, I thought of something bad. Why do terrorists want to blow up airplanes in the first place? If you ask me, we're making airports pretty tempting right now. Thousands of people jam-packed into tiny areas waiting impatiently for flights. You come running in there like a madman and blow yourself up in the name of Allah, which there is virtually nothing to stop you from doing, and you're going to take down a lot of people. And that I think would cause more terror. See, this "war" ultimately cannot be won even if it is real and not just the government promoting paranoia, because assuming it is, they're eventually going to think of shit like this.

...there are more on the way, martial law is not far off...

...oh wait you guys already got cameras everywhere you go! :)

We'll have them soon enough...

And two way TV to boot!

XDelusion said:

...there are more on the way, martial law is not far off...

...oh wait you guys already got cameras everywhere you go! :)

We'll have them soon enough...

And two way TV to boot!