Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Technician

Wii release date

Just today I read some industry update and people were disappointed that there still was no release date or price. So I think this is fake.

I would love it if Nintendo had the balls to release the Wii in accordance with the PS3 and I'd love it if it had a 200-300 dollar price point.

As you may have guess I hate Blue-ray and the Wii may just force some new and innovated games.

IMO fighting with PS3 doesn't matter since Nintendo is set to redominate the industry regardless.

AndrewB said:
IMO fighting with PS3 doesn't matter since Nintendo is set to redominate the industry regardless.

Oh yeah! Just like it was going to do with the N64 and the cube!

What the crap is GameLife and why haven't I heard of them

If I were a big company i'd not give sensitive trade secrets or anything to any "gaming press"-related company founded in 2006.

Captain Red said:

Well the 360 is having lackluster sales and the PS3 will likely price itself out of the market, so he's quite possibly right. Unless the Wii's over-gimickyness translates into poor sales thus driving the entire console market into a pit, it will likely be the #1 console. And since it has so many ravenous fanboys and fangirls, that will likely be the case.

Captain Red said:

The only reason the N64 suffered was because developers found it too difficult to design games for the system. This resulted in a gross lack of games in the first year or two. The Wii certainly does NOT suffer from this problem, and in fact has a bounteous and diverse lineup of games. The Cube never really had anything in its favor.

AndrewB said:

The only reason the N64 suffered was because developers found it too difficult to design games for the system.

Case in point: "Resident Evil 2"

Maybe that and the fact that the controller was the worst Nintendo ever designed (not counting Virtual Boy).
And maybe the fact that it came out too late, after Sony got a grip on the market...

...who knows?

XDelusion said:

Maybe that and the fact that the controller was the worst Nintendo ever designed (not counting Virtual Boy).
And maybe the fact that it came out too late, after Sony got a grip on the market...

...who knows?

I enjoyed the controller, but it was a pain when a game required both joystick and control pad functions. Don't even get me started on playing Tony Hawk games on the N64. But it still spawned a lotta great titles.

Fake.

Nintendo recently sent out invites for a press release scheduled on the 14th (or was it 15th?). These were printed on paper btw and actually mailed out. So why the hell would they send launch party details in a mere email?

The fact that it's on their own server also doesnt help.

Danarchy said:

Well the 360 is having lackluster sales

Right now it's sales aren't too good, but for quite a while you couldn't find one anywhere. Once Halo 3 comes out, they'll probably start selling more of them.

The lack of 360s on the shelf wasn't huge sales, it was bad supply. :P

I don't see why people believe release dates and such from dodgy sources like this. Wait til you hear it from Nintendo, jeez.

caco_killer said:

Right now it's sales aren't too good, but for quite a while you couldn't find one anywhere. Once Halo 3 comes out, they'll probably start selling more of them.

also don't forget that the 360 is just around 7 months old and still has plenty more, uh... living to do

I personally doubt the 360 is going to suffer. If anything Sony will suffer. It is just crazy to be asking so much money out of a people living within a crumbling economy.
That and the fact that all 3 systems will look the same on the Televisions that most people currently own. It is not like were are all going to be able to afford Hi-Def TV over night or anything, so...

...I don't see what all the GFX hype is about. At this point in time I strongly feel it's going to be about originality, at least I hope the masses beg for originality for once in history. ;)

crt hdtvs are only around $400, and despite their hugeness have some advantages over lcd from what i hear (better handling of different resolutions, more accurate color, etc)

also "begging for originality" is basically why the atari 2600 died so...

XDelusion said:

That and the fact that all 3 systems will look the same on the Televisions that most people currently own.

No not at all. The 360 on a normal TV still looks loads better than any of the current Wii footage. The Wii's video hardware, as far as anyone knows right now, isnt much more powerful than the GC (compared to the 360 and especially the PS3). I read somewhere that it's about comparable to the old Xbox, though I dont have that source on hand. Still looks good though.

Still Im looking forward to it. Even if it turns out to be a disaster – which I doubt consdering the huge amount of 3rd party support – at least it'll be something different and not another hardware upgrade.

Yes, according to Nintendo the 1st gen games were purposely not designed to be graphically amazing, but they promise that the following Gen games will improve in the graphical department.

Time will tell if this is just a lie or not. Personally, I'd be pretty happy with XBOX level gfx so long as the CPU was dedicated to better AI, and deeply complex enviroments and the like.
Hell I'd be happy with a 2D Castlevania that took 3 years to beat... :)

Infinite Ammunition said:

also "begging for originality" is basically why the atari 2600 died so...

You can never go wrong with such awesome titles as Tennis, Combat, and Boxing. Not to mention the mass of less-than-spectacular arcade ports.

AgentSpork said:

You can never go wrong with such awesome titles as Tennis, Combat, and Boxing. Not to mention the mass of less-than-spectacular arcade ports.

rofl

Yar's revenge, midnite magic and dragonstomper. those games were awesome.

...and "Spy vs. Spy" with a better setup, random levels, and more traps and gadgets than the NES version (although the SMS and GBC versions beat this one out entirely).

Mario Bros...meh.

Nothing tops Smurfette! She's got a fine blue ass!

Warlords was another great game for the 2600 that *******ly needs cloned for the 21st century.