Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Electronic Samurai

Ninja Duel: A Deathmatch weapons wad

Hey, all;

I'm working on an oriental-themed deathmatch level that adds several new ninja weapons. The gameplay is focused primarily on stealth rather than overt aggression, and is built for the latest version of Zdoom, and Doom 2, map 01.

This is my first attempt at doing anything like this (and my first post on these fine forums), so I'd love to hear your feedback.

Here's the link:
http://www.mooload.com/new/file.php?file=files/220806/1156274451/NinjaDuel.wad

Hmm, that was very interesting. The Katana was pretty cool, I especially liked how you can block projectiles and bullets with the Secondary Function. I didn't try Revenant Fireballs or Rockets yet, but I'm sure I wouldn't be able to block those though.

The Firecracker shot was pretty cool, although it lagged up my old ass computer for a few seconds. It was still nice.

Oh and the Shurikens and the Throwing Knives were kinda cool too. I liked how they stuck onto the enemies.

Great Job!

kristus said:

Pretty cool. Would be great with a SP campain though.

Yeah, I could imagine this being tons of fun in an SP wad.

Lizardcommando said:

Hmm, that was very interesting. The Katana was pretty cool, I especially liked how you can block projectiles and bullets with the Secondary Function. I didn't try Revenant Fireballs or Rockets yet, but I'm sure I wouldn't be able to block those though.

I have, and Revenant rockets are completely blocked, but normal rockets are only partially blocked (you'll hear the ping sound, but you'll get hurt a bit by the explosion). Still, they have to hit you right in the face for it to work. If anything hits you from the side, the sword won't block it.

By the way, how about throwing in a blowgun with poisonous darts, and maybe flaming arrows as an alternate fire for the bow?

I got the following error when I tried to run this wad:

Script error, "DECORATE" line 9:
"player.displayname" is an unkown actor property

Too bad, too. I wanted to see what all the good comments were about.

Job: Ninja Duel uses custom player classes, which are new to Zdoom 2.14. You can download the latest version here:

http://www.zdoom.org/download.html

Ichor: I've considered both ideas for a future release - they're probably possible, given Zdoom's code. They'll require new graphics, though, which are pretty hard to come by.

Also, did you notice that, with just the right timing, you can reflect projectiles back at their shooter by swinging the katana at them?

Thanks, everyone, for your comments.

Huh? Did I imply it wasn't dead? Although, maybe somebody could convince Kayin to release the stuff that was done, Eternity-style...

Anyway, I forgot to check this thing out last night... Sounds cool, though. Doom needs more ninjas.

Ok, I got this wad to work. In short, it's great. Good demo level, great weapons, the whole nine. Speaking of the Nine, this type of skill shows that it's possible to even make an Oblivion mod if someone had the guts (featuring that great land terrain mod). Anyway, this wad is a good foundation for a fantastic TC. Or, if nothing else, it's a well-executed DM wad.