Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
insertwackynamehere

Secret Societies and Conspiracy Theories

After playing Deus Ex, and researching Freemasons and stuff for school, I've become interested in the whole secret society/illuminati/etc thing. I dunno if I believe it, but I really enjoy stuff about it. I just purchased this book called The Illuminatus! Trilogy which is really good so far, but I'm interested in other books/movies/games about this. My list so far:

Books:
- The Illuminatus! Trilogy
- Dan Brown's stuff (like The Da Vinci Code)..I have yet to read this, but I think I'll start after I'm done The Illuminatus!

Movies:
- National Treasure.. I heard it was about Freemasons

Games:
- Deus Ex.. all about the Illuminati and other such groups.

Anyone else find this stuff fun to read about, and maybe could add suggestions for my list?

Not that it matters, but deus ex portrayed the mj-12 wrong. However, I'm sure they just played around with it to make a damned interesting story.

As for the illuminati or free masons, I never found those kind of things very interesting. Don't know why really. When I was in elementary/jr high though I loved reading about UFOs, alien abuduction, bermuda triangle and other assorted related things.

Quast said:

When I was in elementary/jr high though I loved reading about UFOs, alien abuduction, bermuda triangle and other assorted related things.

Same, and I actually scarred myself to the point that I still have nightmares about being abducted to this day, even though I don't believe it anymore. Funny how that works.

insertwackynamehere said:

Movies:
- National Treasure.. I heard it was about Freemasons

Oh please. All that movie is is a load of Hollywood mumbo-jumbo-gumbo-jumbalaya.

"Oh boy! There's a treasure map on the back of the dollar bill! But in order to see it, you have to stare at the sun until everything turns blue!"

I hope you're aware of the fact that even hinting at an interest in unearthing the secret activities of these societies will put you on their "watch list", which also means they'll use their far-reaching influence to make your life difficult in any way they can think of (connections in banking means you won't get a loan, connections in the corporate world means you won't gain employment in any of the vast number of companies they control, etc.).

I mean, it's not like they just get together, get drunk and play ping pong.

Fredrik said:

Everything you read in The Da Vinci Code is true; it says so right when you open it.

Ha ha ha ha

you knwo the priest at the Rosslyn cathedral had to quit thanks to tourists looking for the grail after reading the "da vinci code" ? I don't blame him.

Kristian Ronge said:

I mean, it's not like they just get together, get drunk and play ping pong.

Well that answers my question...

DOOMENSTEIN said:

Sometimes I wonder if the Masons are anything like the Stonecutters. :P

insertwackynamehere said:

Anyone else find this stuff fun to read about, and maybe could add suggestions for my list?

For conspiracy theorist crack pot films or books, search for Alex Jones or David Icke. Hours of stuff on that shit.

For games:Area 51 <- the FPS not the lightgun game. Makes references to the all seeing enligthened ones of the eternal flame.

There is a Freemason graveyard somewhat close to where I live. Only Freemason's can be buried there.

Kristian Ronge said:

I hope you're aware of the fact that even hinting at an interest in unearthing the secret activities of these societies will put you on their "watch list", which also means they'll use their far-reaching influence to make your life difficult in any way they can think of (connections in banking means you won't get a loan, connections in the corporate world means you won't gain employment in any of the vast number of companies they control, etc.).

There's already a mass database being compiled by the FBI. It essentially says whose a terrorist and who isn't. Terrorist is a very loose term, because christians, political activists, supporters of freedom and the constitution, gun owners, are all considered terrorists.

POTGIESSER said:

There's already a mass database being compiled by the FBI. It essentially says whose a terrorist and who isn't. Terrorist is a very loose term, because christians, political activists, supporters of freedom and the constitution, gun owners, are all considered terrorists.

Awesome. A pastor is a terrorist. Except for that whole... "terror" part.

I'll stick to beliving in aliens and the US government secretly doing deals with them at Area 51 if you dont mind...

Or is that what THEY want me to belive?

deathbringer said:

I'll stick to beliving in aliens and the US government secretly doing deals with them at Area 51 if you dont mind...

Or is that what THEY want me to belive?

This reminds me of somethingawful's "Letters from the internet".

from WBC website:
"Westboro Baptist Church (WBC) had been faithfully preaching for four years when a local whore stepped forward to run for District Attorney on a platform that she would shut down our ministry. She was elected and immediately began filing criminal charges against our members until the number of charges filed by local authorities exceeded five hundred."

HEH... some folks just can't take the hint. If she was elected, that means the majority hates WBC. and I agree with them! Besides this ministry seems to "choose" on what Jesus's sayings to ACTUALLY FOLLOW. that love your neighbour thing, that's just bullshit, see.