Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Pretty good map, I enjoyed it. I died twice while going through it on ultraviolence. My suggestions though, there needs to be more room. In alot of rooms there's virtually no space to move. Particularily in the hallway after you get the rocket launcher, with the two stair cases. When several barons are coming after you, you need alot more room. Basically I would add half of the current size on to pretty much every room, just so you can actually move around, and dodge effectively. Also, there should be just a bit more ammo. Not much more, but maybe one more box of shells and another box of bullets, and a small plasma cell. Maybe 3 more rockets. On UV it's supposed to be hard yes, but I ended up having to punch a couple of lost souls, which isn't fun. I didn't find a berserk pack, if there is one it would be alot of help. Also, I would get rid of the imps hiding in the skull blocks at the beginning. I think making them a cage would look better really. Having balls of fire coming out of a solid wall of bloody skulls kind of ruins the mood. So yeah, I would say make the rooms slightly larger than they are, add a little bit more ammunition, mainly another box of shells and bullets, and a small cell and maybe a few rockets. Rockets aren't really usefull at all in this level though, because of how cramped it is. The only time I used them was after I hit the switch in the room with the acid and the sets of pillars that releases all the barons. I just hit the switch, turned around and shot all my rockets at the two barons, then used the plasma rifle to kill the last baron. So yeah, maybe 3-5 more rockets would be nice. Also, get rid of the hidden chaingunner, that's just really irritating. Also, I would re-consider having the two rooms with the three raised platforms that shoot the red particles out of the top. Maybe have just one if you really like it, but they aren't fun, just annoying when you're trying to move and dodge. Having two of them is just overkill. Plus they're exactly the same, have the imps in the same places... so cut that down to one or none. But still, I enjoyed the level, I didn't see any real mapping errors, the texturing was good, they were pretty well built, if a little bland. It was still fun to play through though, and I did get a sense of accomplishment when I beat it. I would just make a bit more room to manuever, first and foremost. Another medikit would be nice too, the lowest I got was five health, luckilly I got the megasphere shortly afterwards. I think a bit more ammo, and health, as well as room would really do the level wonders. That's my advice. Other than that, the level itself seems pretty solidly built. I enjoyed it quite a bit, but it could be just slightly more forgiving.

I found it pretty frustrating fighting barons in such cramped areas, hardly no room to dodge their fireballs.
It really needs an beserk pack there where times I didn't had any ammo and had to fight demons with my fists.
Sectors 51, 52, 54, 55 are not closed and misaligned textures on several walls.

When I did the final run through of the map I ran out of ammo as well but only on one last hell knight. But it helped that I knew where all of the secrets were. =D How long did it take you guys to figure out where the switch was to lower the platform to exit the level?

SlatheDoomer said:

How long did it take you guys to figure out where the switch was to lower the platform to exit the level?

I tried to find it for a couple of minutes and then quit out of frustration. There was no incentive for me to find it because it was clearly the exit and there were no more levels after that.

It took me like 5 minutes or so to find it maybe it was better if that floor would drop as soon as the last monster in that room dies.

I never actually found the switch to lower the exit... I clicked on quite a few things in that room, then left because the barons and hell knights I lured out into the area with the slime were starting to come back up the stairs. I ran back through the level looking for some health or ammo I might've missed, headed back towards the exit killing a hell knight with my last remaining shells, and the exit was lowered. But as I said, the level needs more room to move around in, and more ammo. One thing to remember is that you made the level, so you know where all the secrets, ammo, healt, and enemies are at. People who don't know the level probably won't find all the secrets, and they'll probably waste ammo at some points because enemies suprise them. So yeah, more ammo and health.