Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sausage

SausageQuest - a doom RPG style wad [Beta]

Hello everyone, The first beta of "SausageQuest" Has come out.

I would like to ask people to play it and reply with your thoughts.
as i am not too sure if it is that great.
to Download this wad
goto: sausage.1.vg/sausagequest/SSGQUEST.zip

also, please may people come up with names for the two towns in this wad (map02/04 and map05)

=========
Screens
=========
sausage.1.vg/sausagequest/screen1.PNG
sausage.1.vg/sausagequest/screen2.PNG
sausage.1.vg/sausagequest/screen3.PNG
sausage.1.vg/sausagequest/screen4.PNG
thanks all,

- sausage -

You've got a LOT of work to do before this can even be classified as slightly releasable. Most of the new weapons feel like something out of EBDoom; crappy and recycled weapons. Because of how many games they were ripped from, they feel extremely out of place along side the normal Doom weapons. I couldn't help but notice that you used Cory Whittle's sawed off shotgun, and considering how long Cory has been out of contact with the Doom community, I couldn't help but wonder if you really did get his permission to use that weapon <_<...

The maps are pretty underdetailed, and short. The "Basic Training" doesn't really cover all of the important features. The fact that you get almost all of the good weapons on the second level seems pretty downright pointless.

The spells seem out of place. Think about it for a minute. You're a highly trained marine, armed to the teeth with weapons, and you're using spells. This wouldn't really even be a problem, IF there were some explanation for it.

Another problem I had was the amount of keys that you had to bind. There were more keys then I had available on my keyboard! Try a simple inventory screen for those spells and other things.

Overall, I suggest you work on the dialouge, make the weapons a bit more consistent, remove the spells, make the maps a bit longer, add a bit of detail. and don't pit the player against Barons in small enclosed rooms.

No he didn't. And I would be forced to say no as those sprites (or at least not ALL of them) are legal in use. Those scripts were all hand written by me. (Except the RolePlay stuff is based off jallamann's RP script. But it is so Heavily modified, the only thing left may be a few outlines. I also recieve permission.) You should have asked first. (Also, the spells are there because now that ZDoom has Custom Classes, there are classes that can use them.)

100GunsX was meant to just be a weapons mod, that also adds many features. One thing about it is that you can choose what you want to use in the mod. For example, all the key binds were optional. You did not have to use anything if you chose.

Anyways, I suggest you don't steal my work again please. And anyways, the ACS Source codes are going public the next release. You may as well wait until then and then you can modifiy it as needed. Also, you have to credit me for them.

NEVER try to pass off someone's work as your own. Th0r over on skulltag.com found that out the hard way. >_<

The throwing knives and the bolt-action sniper rifle are almost 100% rip-offs from ww-stranger (right down to the sound effects - the only things different are the fact that the sniper is no longer a railattack, and the throwing knives have an odd lag in the middle of the altfire). Frankly I'm a little pissed off, especially about the knives, because it took me forever to get those working.

WildWeasel said:

The throwing knives and the bolt-action sniper rifle are almost 100% rip-offs from ww-stranger (right down to the sound effects - the only things different are the fact that the sniper is no longer a railattack, and the throwing knives have an odd lag in the middle of the altfire). Frankly I'm a little pissed off, especially about the knives, because it took me forever to get those working.

I still can't beleive you used my sprite hack of NMN's sniper rifle thingy for that.

TheDarkArchon said:

I still can't beleive you used my sprite hack of NMN's sniper rifle thingy for that.

For lack of anything else that would have fit, plus the fact that they hadn't been used before.

The weapons he ripped from Cory Whittle's Imoral Conduct are what pissed me off. He stole the Colt .45 and the Sawed off shotgun. The only things he changed at all on the SOSG was the name and the shell sprite. The Colt .45 had nothing changed except for the pick up message.

WildWeasel said:

Both, but moreso at Sausage. Much more.

Well, I don't think Shooter was planning on a big release at all, he was just kind of making the wad for fun and to show to the small few on the SkullTag forums.
Not sure if that matters to you though, heh.

Jimmy91 said:

NEVER try to pass off someone's work as your own. Th0r over on skulltag.com found that out the hard way. >_<

wooow who are you

zap610 said:

How ironic, the weapon modders are pointing fingers, yet they themselves stole.

That's what I mean. Sausage released this wad and now Shooter7 is angry that he ripped off his wad, which ripped off several other wads. Some of which said wads DID NOT WANT their wads ripped off.

zap610 said:

How ironic, the weapon modders are pointing fingers, yet they themselves stole.

Yeah but still, TheShooter wasn't claiming any of the sprite work as his own.

Craigs said:

That's what I mean. Sausage released this wad and now Shooter7 is angry that he ripped off his wad, which ripped off several other wads. Some of which said wads DID NOT WANT their wads ripped off.

Well then you might as well bring in how many weapon modders stole from other games. The vast majority of modded weapons aren't original graphics.

I think they are more pissed off about the coding being stolen rather than the graphics. The coding is the hardest part in making weapon mods, at least in my experiences.

I completely understand that he is angry about the coding, but to complain about someone ripping ripped sprites is utterly stupid.

I'm sure some of the sprites came from some weapon resource wads or from people who said it was OK to use them. Obviously there are ones that were obvious rips from other games and from other mods...

I think the problem here in general is that you should have aksed first instead of releasing something where the coding wasn't even theirs in the first place (I'm talking about Sausage).

I do admit that I did have alot of coding in ICD-Lizard that originally came from an old version of Immoral Conduct for EDGE, but I asked Cory Whittle first before I released it and he said it was ok. I even gave him a sneak preview of the mod before releasing it for his approval.

I do apologize, Weasel, about the Stranger Sniper Rifle. I was lazy and just decided to grab it's code for now. I intend to change it later (maybe so you have to chamber a round manually?)

The Knifes are not full copys. It is well modified. By holding the Primary, you perform a melee attack, but tapping it throws a knife. The secondary is a block.
But, in any case, I apologize for these too.

Other than those things, everything else has been coded by me or gravly modified. The only exception would be the .357 Magnum that Chaos Central made, and that is because at that time I did not quite understand how the state labels and things worked in Decorate. Otherwise, I could have easily coded it myself.

And the ICD weapons were entirly coded out by myself. I never even cared to look at the DDF File(s) for ICD Because I hadn't understood them (Although I do now.) If they appear very close, or the same, then it was coincidence.

Theshooter7 said:

And the ICD weapons were entirly coded out by myself. I never even cared to look at the DDF File(s) for ICD Because I hadn't understood them (Although I do now.) If they appear very close, or the same, then it was coincidence.

Do you ACTUALLY expect me to believe that the Sawn off shotgun and the combat shotgun in your wad JUST HAPPENED to have the same exact sprites, magazine capacity, effects, and scriptings as the ones in ICD?

Anyway, I think you're missing my point. Before you go around criticizing other people for using your half finished wad to make their half finished wad, make sure that you have permission from the people's whose scripts and resources you used to make your wad.

I'm done arguing, and if Cory Whittle ever comes back, pray that he doesn't see your wad because he will be pissed.

*Sigh* I only meant the Code for it.

And anyways, I never did criticiz Sausage. I did not really care a whole lot. He should've at least said I had made it is all I'm saying. I at least credit people that I get stuff from.

And if Cory returned, wouldn't he haved to be pissed at plenty more people than just me? Many others have used many of his sprites and the like.