Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
solarsnowfall

Doom Builder's ACS Editor

CodeImp, if you haven't noticed, a few others and I at the ZDoom forums have been keeping an up-to-date version of the ACS.cfg here. Perhaps that might make something easier for you.

I thought I'd raise one issue here. I've noticed that DB's ACS editor tends to lag when handling long strings. I've noticed this in instances of defining long string arrays, using functions with many arguments, or when /* */ commenting out large chunks of code. Any chance this can be improved upon?

Ah good stuff! That ACS config on the wiki was never updated before, good to see it is now!

About the editor: You'll have to be more specific. What actions do lag? What actions do not? Example pieces of code I could paste in to try it myself?

A long comment.

/*comment comment comment comment comment comment comment comment comment comment comment comment
*/
It begins to lag quite visibly between my key strokes and the time the character is printed on the screen at the last word. If I keep going, the lag progressively worstens.
str string = "This string is somewhat long, but not overly so. Right about here I see the same problem."
It starts to lag in the beginning of the second sentence. And I know I've run into the same problem when writing out large functions with several arguments, which would have had equations or other functions passed through the arguments. But, I can't seem to replicate it now. It may have just been a HUDMessage with a long string.

Oh, and if it matters at all...

XP Prof SP 2
Athlon 64 3500+
1 GB of RAM
Radeon 9800 Pro

Thats very nice! But I hope you understand; I'm not going to release a complete new DB version when only the ACS config has been changed. Everyone can copy/paste that list to apply the changes. When I have done some more work on DB, I WILL get the latest from that wiki to include with the new DB version though!

you mean there really is going to be another version?

i was sure you were stopping at 1.68 :O

CodeImp said:

Thats very nice! But I hope you understand; I'm not going to release a complete new DB version when only the ACS config has been changed. Everyone can copy/paste that list to apply the changes. When I have done some more work on DB, I WILL get the latest from that wiki to include with the new DB version though!

Yes yes, I understand. Heh. I wasn't expecting an update for anything like that.

CodeImp said:

Yes yes, I understand. Heh.

Codeimp anyway you should eliminate those lags when you're writing some long line of ACS code :)