Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Manc

Dylan 'Toke' McIntosh, R.I.P.

i come home from doin chores after i got out of work about an hour ago and Zero has an offline IM to my yahoo ID with this shock in it,kina like gettin hit with a god damn bat!i respected toke.sometimes in the past he and ganja made fun of me n stuff,they were just joking around n stuff.i've played some games with toke.he helped me learn to play doom,also he helped me with learning to map.i met him in the good old doomserv days where i got to know a bunch of cool doomers.he was a nice guy,and i will miss him. my reguards to his family.....

From the tribute site for Dylan @ doom2.net

"Among the items he was buried with were:

Ganja's put in his drivers license, an Acid Bath tape, and an unopened copy of Doom Shareware. "

Unopened copy of Doom ! Wow, thats a very special gesture Cody, I'd like to think I had a friend like you who thought as much of me as you did of Dylan ...

*packs a large cone*

This one's for you Toke

RIP

" ... and an unopened copy of Doom Shareware. "

That's a beautiful gesture. That almost brought tears to my eyes.

It did mine. I had sort of wished there was something DOOM-related I could have contributed to be placed with him, but I didn't have anything good, nor would I have had an opportunity to contribute it, so I was happy to see that was added.

What you wrote was still fitting enough and represented us quite nicely Quasar. You should be proud. Most of us didn't even get a chance to be there. Even showing up on behalf of the community was an appropriate nod to both Toke and the community. I'm sure everyone else is as moved as I am that you went and chatted with his family as well.

Wow, I Played TOKE in numerous doom games on doom connector and a few times on player connector. Toke was a Great Map Designer and show me some awsome maps in testing a few years back.

I'm Sure many of us will sure miss your skulltag maps as you where a good doom player.

R, Hagalaz, Cros, Liver and many others will miss you i'm sure.
Hope your in a better place.

Peace to your family Toke, All will be missed.

Well this is certainly not the kind of news I like to see on Doomworld.

I never log on here to post anything.. not my thing really. But I do happen to have an account.

At any rate, I didn't know Toke. I know we had a DM once back in the day, and he beat me (everyone beats me. I'm a chump.).

We might have exchanged words once on IRC as well.

But it does sadden me to hear someone with the talent Toke had, passes away.

I'll always be reminded of his work though, every time I log onto a Zdaemon Server playing Coopbuild (you can't miss it, because his name is right there every time a new level loads).

Thankyou Toke.

I want to go ahead and add my two cents into this thread before it dissappears off the face of the planet, because I'm not sure I'd want "God Fucking Damnit" to be the only thing in this thread.

I respected Toke an awful lot. He was the one guy who got me off my track of making huge CTF maps with terrible gameplay and got me thinking about tight gameplay again, because honestly, that's what really matters. His word was the only word I took over my own when it came to Doom maps, and I always tried to ask him his opinion when I came out with new maps, espcially UDM3 MAP09 has a lot of his suggestions in it. I still have him in my speeddial, just haven't had the heart to delete it.

Rest in Peace, man. I think it's the least I can do to carry on the gameplay-oriented torch.

Geez toke... all these people playing all these new games.. something called COD5 came out yesterday, i think it's about fishing ? when i get to heaven... 1 on 1 - me and you - ill bring some old 486's with me : )