Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CacoDoomer

Any FilePlanet Users Here?

You don't need to pay money to use fileplanet. All you need is a free account, and given the section you're downloading from, you won't need to bother waiting in line at all (just scroll down past the pay servers and you'll find the free servers).

If you're worried about gamespy/ign sending you spam, you can always go get a free Yahoo mail account.

My first few FP accounts have all had fake addresses on them (my most recent one, the one that I ordered a paid subscription on, is addressed to 1060 West Addison in Chicago). It doesn't make an ounce of difference unless you want to subscribe and get the free issue of Maxim.

I have yet to see a good enough beta or whatever to convince me to subscribe to Fileplanet; the free account's good for me, but I mainly use FileFront.com due to inactive files (or little activity) not forcing you to wait in a non-existent queue -- you might as well check there too.

I mainly subscribed because I do a hell of a lot of downloading anyway, plus I only got three months of coverage which was around $20.

The main thing that bugs me about FP, though, is the fact that their search engine blows.