Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Th0r

th0rctf1-No Swiping

Th0r said:
Will be fixing a few things shortly. Stay tuned for re-download.

Nice being observant

What is that in the second pic? Is that the sky? Jesus.

Nice self quoting there, buddy.

Th0r said:

Nice being observant

Sassing respected developers over a glaring missing texture isn't a good way to get respect for your work. If you don't want to hear critiques or suggestions, then don't post your work until it's finished.

Dittohead said:

Sassing respected developers over a glaring missing texture isn't a good way to get respect for your work. If you don't want to hear critiques or suggestions, then don't post your work until it's finished.

How is that sassing? I clearly said i was updating it, and instead of something constructive, he said something that was OBVIOUS, and that i already knew about. And it was hardly a critique or suggestion, for whatever reason that carn doesnt like me, he took it out here with that post.

Your asking for it when you post a screen with a missing texture that is just 32-64 grid units away.

Th0r said:

How is that sassing? I clearly said i was updating it, and instead of something constructive, he said something that was OBVIOUS, and that i already knew about. And it was hardly a critique or suggestion, for whatever reason that carn doesnt like me, he took it out here with that post.

As shocking as it may seem, many people don't like you. What is even more suprising is they are not out to get you. I know plenty of people who hate me, but using irrelevant personal attacks when you have a clean slate here is very stupid. And you want a critque? Don't post screenshots that you know have errors in it.

heh, sorry i overreacted, I didnt realize the texture was missing untill someone already commented on it. This is only my second CTF map anyways, and i play more than i map so i dont take it extreamly seriously, i always forget that most people here dont take the maps to play them unless they are SP.

Th0r said:

heh, sorry i overreacted, I didnt realize the texture was missing untill someone already commented on it. This is only my second CTF map anyways, and i play more than i map so i dont take it extreamly seriously, i always forget that most people here dont take the maps to play them unless they are SP.

Incorrect. My ego says that I am the undisputed patron saint of Capture the Flag around here, and Carnevil is the primary programmer, mapper and texture aggregator for Skulltag. And you're still missing a texture.

There is a difference between making sure every single SHAWN2 is perfectly aligned (that reminds me, fuck that texture), and having a plainly visible, obvious missing texture that anyone could see had they taken two seconds to look at the very screenshot you just had posted. One shows that, yeah, you know it's a pain in the ass to do, and you know it's misaligned, you'll get to it later. The other shows you were in a rush.

Don't rush. Think. Plan. Use Doom Builder's 3D mode. Run around the map to make sure that the awesome screenshot you're about to take doesn't have a giant missing texture in it.