Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Ezxariarch

Demon Eclipse Episode 2 complete Beta up!

Finally, the completed Episode 2 beta is now finished. This will be the final version (unless there are huge bugs) before the final Episode 2 release. I havent tested all the multiplayer capabilities of all the maps yet, so not sure how playable they are. Enjoy.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[size=18]NOTE: YOU WILL NEED GZDOOM 1.0.17 or above to play![/size] (I havent tested it with Gzdoom 1.0.19 yet

Download Link: http://rapidshare.de/files/33256548/DE-Package.zip.html
(Sorry for those who cant use Rapidshare, mooload is being an pain in the ass right now, and Hyerupload's size limit is way too small. So i'll need to find a host for another mirror).
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How to Run:

Load the entire zip file using GZdoom using the run command (or ZDL). (i.e. C:doom2/gzdoom -file de-package.zip)
Changes:

Maps:
-"The Hellforge" (map12)
-Fixed bugs on map 10 that cause the player to get stuck behind the bookshelves.
-Tweaked ammo and health a bit
-Added new door sounds for Episode 2 (thanks to Enjay)
-Updated the monster test map (finally)

Monsters:
-Added Devil/Imp2 monster
-Added Hellhound Monster
-Added Sentinel Monster
-Added 3 Hellstorm cultists (Thrall, Acolyte, and Apostyle)
-Made Hellsmith and Hellforge Apprentices more aggressive
-Gave Hellsmith more dramatic death sequence
-Slowed Bloodfiend Projectiles (people were complaining that they were too fast).
-Lessened the health of Death Incarnate
-Gave Inferno melee attack
-Fixed Diabloist Fire attack (no longer first appears on the monster itself)
-Fixed Diabloist Tracer attacks (no longer blows the player skyhigh)
-Fixed several monster fire attacks so now they do Firedamage
-Weaken Deathknight Attacks a bit (too hard before)

Weapons:
-Added Vorpal Blade weapon
-Tweaked Lifeleech weapon a bit

Items:
-Added Hellsphere (Gives Fireresist, Splash-immunity, and immunity to floor damage)-permanent
-Added Gigasphere (gives +300 health and 300 (-75% dmg) armor)
-Added GigaArmor (+300 (-75% dmg) armor)
-Added Regeneration Sphere (heals +1 H every second)-permanent
-Added 3 new keycards and skullkeys (for episode 3 and 4)

Unfixable Bugs:
-Vorpal Blade does not always charge up when using Partial Invisibility or Phantom Sphere.
Things to Do (before Final Ep. 2 Release):
-New Sounds for The Hellsmith and Hellforge Apprentice
-Title, intermission, and other screen-graphics
-Ghoul Monster and Hades Elemental Monsters
-DE-Episode 3!
-Bug and gameplay Fixes
Again: [size=24]NOTE: YOU WILL NEED GZDOOM 1.0.17 or above to play!!!!!!![/size]

For more info on the mod, go here: http://forum.zdoom.org/potato.php?t=9237&start=480

This is a beta for testing before i upload it to Idgames. I want to make sure there are no serious bugs, even though i've tested the maps about 4 times each before uploading.

The download link doesn't work.

"This file has been deleted.
Reason: THIS FILE IS FORBIDDEN TO BE SHARED! Complaints received".

Here's the New Link. I have no idea what people are complaining about, its not like its a million megs.
Download Link: http://www.filefactory.com/file/f6f3be/

I wouldn't have a 'soul leeched' message every time you pick one up (keep the sound though). Also, 'end' should be 'and' in the final text.

I worked long and hard to find all secrets in map01, but after I had found 5 of 7, I just couldn't give a shit anymore and moved on to map02. :p

I checked out episode 2 briefly. And although I don't like how you ripped Hexen and Heretic in that, I must say that I like it's atmosphere better than the first episode. Which still is pretty fine. Reminding me of Twice Risen a bit.

kristus said:

And although I don't like how you ripped Hexen and Heretic in that

I don't have tried the wad yet but I'm gonna react on it.

Many famous maps (some maps from Eternal Doom and Alien Vandetta) featured some Heretic / Hexen material (music or textures). I don't care of what material is used on a map, even if I may become tired of wads without any new graphs, unless they are admittedly "vintage" (ie E1 or E2 style).

Scuba Steve said:

Episode 2 is much better than Episode 1.

Episode 2 is new. Episode one is just the old old version with added details. Lol.

kristus said:

I worked long and hard to find all secrets in map01, but after I had found 5 of 7, I just couldn't give a shit anymore and moved on to map02. :p

I checked out episode 2 briefly. And although I don't like how you ripped Hexen and Heretic in that, I must say that I like it's atmosphere better than the first episode. Which still is pretty fine. Reminding me of Twice Risen a bit.

Yeah, I need to remove some of the secrets in map01. As for ripping hexen, If you're talking about the weapons, they well eventually all be replaced with my own sprites. Gotta love the Hexen textures, though.

Ichor said:

I'm guessing those extra monsters and weapons will be for episode 3.

Most, yes. Some will be fore episode 4. The others are just hellstorm mosnters I made. I really dont want that mod to die off completely, so I started to resprite all the monsters. I used to be on the developement team before it was abbandoned. I will use many of the hellstorm monsters (aside from the cultists).

Top quality here, great maps, great monsters, great weapons. The final battle is a bitch because of the lava, but overall, this is a supreme mod.

Vegeta said:

Top quality here, great maps, great monsters, great weapons. The final battle is a bitch because of the lava, but overall, this is a supreme mod.

There is a secret that gives powerup to protect you from that. But I wont tell you how to find it. ^_^