Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mithral_Demon

Music Editing Help =(]

I've been working around my levels but I need a prog that can Alter the music of ones levels, because the normal ones are kinda over rated except lvl 28 - The spirit world...So can any one help?

What do you mean alter?

You want to change the music to a different level?

Do you want to add your own music that you made or downloaded?

Mithral_Demon said:

Need help, no answer with in the last few or 10 mins, please reply, I'm in a rush for the music changing.

One way to not get help is to keep posting frequently in one thread for help.

What do you mean change it to keep it the same or different? In the most concise way possible please explain what you REALLY want to do.

OK, this is what I was saying, What program would I need to use that can make it where you can replace a song, like for example " Lvl 2- Underhalls, has it's hallish song thats pretty easy to play on Instrument while lvl 28 - The Spirit World, has a song that requires 4 choires of bands or instrument groups playing different time, and you put 28's song on lvl 2 and put lvl 2's on 28's" See what I 'm tellin you? Like a Switch over for songs, not altering unless your a Band or a Midi File master mixer or a band person =O , Switch songs, thats what I mean.

Edit[] Place Ultimate Doom's E2M2 music onto Doom II lvl 2, like of that. E2m2 song -----> Doom Lvl 2 and not really have the Original song on it.

Is this for your own personal enjoyment, or are you using it to make a pwad? If it's the former, IDMUS. If it's the latter, I'd go with XWE.

Pwad, NOT the Idmus cheat, thats boring, but that XWE thing may help, link me please? I ned SOMETHING to change the music of the origs to something STILL from Doom, just not from Doom2.

If you are making a map and want to add music for it, download this. Once you get it running you'll be able to double click wads and they will open showing you the contents. The music is all the files named d_*, such as d_runnin (for Map01), d_stalks (Map02), etc., and they are in order (d_ultima is Map32's music).

What you do is open doom2.wad, select the track you want, and save it to disk. Then close doom2.wad, and start a new wad from the File menu. Then go back to the Entry menu and choose load. Browse for the track you saved onto your hard drive, then rename it to the level you want it to play on: if you extracted d_tense (Map28's music), you need to rename it to d_stalks (Map02's music) after you load it into the wad, so that it'll play when you go to map02. Then you load the wad that includes the music as you would load any other addon wad.

What about Adding Ultimate Doom/Normal Trilogy Doom for music of E1M8 , same thing...sort of? Because i have music from their I want ta add for more...crazy sounds..creepyness.. >_>;;

Yes; you mentioned E2M2's music above. To place it for DOOM II's Map02 you'd extract the lump (d_e2m2) from doom.wad, and load it onto a new wad (or the wad you have your level in), renaming it to d_stalks. It's easy to tell to what levels the music in DOOM is for, because the tracks use the names of the levels (d_e1m1, d_e2m8, etc.)

Thank you, great tips and lvl 1 is creepier then ever x3 , so don't be surprised when I'm finished with this .WAD, that i'm kind of skiddish because of how creepy this whole thing will be O_O (!!!)

Mithral_Demon said:

Thank you, great tips and lvl 1 is creepier then ever x3 , so don't be surprised when I'm finished with this .WAD, that i'm kind of skiddish because of how creepy this whole thing will be O_O (!!!)

Looking foward to it. Can we see some screenshots?