Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
DOOMENSTEIN

Bush is the devil!

Hugo Chavez owns. It's sad that his friend didn't win the election in Mexico. If that would have happened, all Hell would have broken loose between the US and the rest of the Americas.

Csonicgo said:something

Chavez's just saying what the rest of the planet thinks about, even if briefly or inconsequently, once or twice every day of their lives.

Should 5.7 billion people stop breathing too?

Csonicgo said:

NO ONE CARES what you think, nor do they care what you do, say,

This is exactly the type of reasoning what makes people anti-Bush, as mr Bush has displayed exactly this kind of attitude. I do not understand why you are so hatefull and are even threatening Mr Chavez.

Csonicgo said:

Be happy that you are still alive

This kind of remarks make me question not only Bush, but also the US citizens.

bush says: "[he hopes to see] the day when [Iran] can live in freedom, and America and Iran can be good friends and close partners in the cause of peace"

translation: "[he hopes to see] the day when [Iran] can sell America lots of cheap oil"

Venezuela also has lots of oil

So, because they don't roll over and be one of Bush's Best Buddies and oil suppliers they're obviously evil.

edit: see: http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0872964.html

note the number of USA's "friends" in the top ... er ... 2!

http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/ene_oil_con-energy-oil-consumption#rest

At 7.31 billion barrels a year, they're by far the top consumers (#2 is China, with a meager 2.34 billion). With 1295 billion in reserves (excluding the more complicated to refine oilsand from the equation, I'd wager), we're at almost 30 billion per year now. Ten years of industrialization in China and India will blow that up to unthinkable levels.

Despite predictions that the U.S. will exhaust it's supply of oil in as little as forty years, the demand is on the increase, and is predicted to continue increasing, because of the ever increasing population.

And what a load of bullshit that is, indeed. That's simply 1295/30, which gives 43.166..

If I could find consumption of the last, say twenty years somewhere we could have a nicer (yet dreadful in it's own right) number.

note: (I'm ignoring oil finding numbers because they've been getting stupendously lower over the last decades).

Zoost, he is lucky to be alive, in a sense of his career, country, coups, media, and mostly all of this is because, hey, oil, baby.

that and the big red button.

If chavez ever quits politics, he could be an actor.

Please don't take to the belief that all americans are as stupid as bush and cson here. Indeed some of us do posess common sense (though its not many)

Whoever believes that countries should stay in line cuz the US will blow them off the map is ridiculous. If in fact the US bombs at all (which usually takes a personal grudge, IE: Bush family vs Saddam), they bomb the one they shouldn't (Iraq as opposed to Afghanistan)...

I think all the countries with the bombs are just paper tigers that have no real intention to use them. It would take some great injustice for a country to inflict on another to warrant them retorting with a nuclear insult. Although the leaders of said countries may be ruthless to their own people and such, I still think there's a soft spot in their conscious that would keep them up at night knowing they wiped a nation off the map.

DOOMENSTEIN said:

(...)I still think there's a soft spot in their conscious that would keep them up at night knowing they wiped a nation off the map.

Obviously you haven't heard about Hitler, Stalin, Hussain or Kim Jong-Il...

But It's been a while since I was surprised most of the people think that Hitler was a cool general, and Papa Joe Stalin had fine moustache.

Hitler was a cool general, and Papa Joe Stalin had fine moustache.

Seriously though, I just finished watching a documentary about the 4 nazi leaders that were procecuted in Nürnberg after the war. Hermann Goering, Rudolf Hess and two others that I can't remember the names of.
What they all had in common were that none of them showed any hint of remorse for their crimes.

kristus said:

Hermann Goering, Rudolf Hess and two others that I can't remember the names of.
What they all had in common were that none of them showed any hint of remorse for their crimes.

Mhm... exactly my point. Some people are just plain bad.
Despite the fact, I'm DEFINITELY not on Bush's side here.

TheDarkArchon said:
And here I was thinking Bush was too dumbassed to be the devil...

Possibly... but we must not misinterpret or draw hasty conclusions; that shadow could well be indicating his formicidian soul.

ellmo said:

Obviously you haven't heard about Hitler, Stalin, Hussain or Kim Jong-Il...

You obviously weren't paying attention to what I said. Those people never successfully wiped whole nations of the map, all they did was mass murder their own people and the small surrounding countries (IE: Saddam vs. Kuwait).

My point was, those dictators don't have the balls to blow an entire country sky high. If that were the case, they would've bombed some little island with 3 people on it jus to prove their point.

While I'm down with the freedom of speech I find it just plain wrong that some leader asshole from another country would come here and insult ours and be defended.

It's sort of like a household in my eyes. You and your brother fight (Repub/Democrat) with eachother and don't like eachother within your own walls. However, if some other asshole is going to come into your house and fuck with your brother you should probably stand up for him.

This was an insult to every American as far as I'm concerned.

Anyone that disagrees is wrong

Ralphis said:
It's sort of like a household in my eyes.

In a household, if you invite someone and you know how they are, you'll be hospitable or you'll be an asshole.

In any case this (reaction) has to do with "brotherhood" mostly inasmuch as certain Democrats may want to share (take) some potentially Republican votecount. Granted that with Gonzo Gallegos apparently mocking or ignoring the Dems ("visitors can speak their mind"), they probably gain nothing, as they'll lose more from the left than they could gain from the right (which should be more comfortable away from fickle Democrats). The State Department probably finds it quite amusing if it results in friction between South America and the Democrats. As for Chavez, he's saying what he always says, and in a good part his campaign (visiting the US) has to do with his own politics. He's more like saying "hi" to other politicians or statesmen who might agree with him (regardless of whether they are American or in America) than necessarily asking for anything from Democrats or Republicans.

DOOMENSTEIN said:

You obviously weren't paying attention to what I said. Those people never successfully wiped whole nations of the map, all they did was mass murder their own people and the small surrounding countries (IE: Saddam vs. Kuwait).

Excuse-fucking-me ?!
Hitler did not have the balls to kill more than 10 millions Jews, Poles, Russians, Gypsies, and other nations in the death camps? Stalin never did slaughter millions of Poles, Ukrainians, Lithuanians?
The only reasons those fucking monsters did not succeed in annihilating an entire nation, are:

1. European countries are densely populated. It's quite hard to kill about 20 millions citizens of a specific country.
2. WW2 was waging on multiple fronts.
3. THOSE BASTARDS DIED BEFORE THEY ACHIEVED TOTAL VICOTRY!

Don't say bullshit about people not having balls to do something, and go read book about any kind of modern war.

Ralphis said:

While I'm down with the freedom of speech I find it just plain wrong that some leader asshole from another country would come here and insult ours and be defended.

It's sort of like a household in my eyes. You and your brother fight (Repub/Democrat) with eachother and don't like eachother within your own walls. However, if some other asshole is going to come into your house and fuck with your brother you should probably stand up for him.

Amen Ralphis.

ellmo, you're derailing the conversation with a rant.

DOOMENSTEIN said:
I think all the countries with the bombs are just paper tigers that have no real intention to use them.

They are not "paper tigers" because the fact they have the nukes gives them a huge political and diplomatic (and thus economic) bonus.

Although the leaders of said countries may be ruthless to their own people and such, I still think there's a soft spot in their conscious that would keep them up at night knowing they wiped a nation off the map.

Who, Bush? If anyone has the initiative to use nukes aggressively it's the US and allied western powers. Anyone else is asking for suicide, and not just a catastrophe.

There is some kind of soft spot, and it's called self interest. Potentially wrecking the world's political scenario and your economic dependencies with rash destruction is one good reason for even bold statesmen to watch what they are doing.

By the way, why even mention Saddam, who never even had nukes? Plus now it won't be possible for years to come to determine whether Saddam could be considered a "tyrant", "muderer" or neither, as Iraq's history has been defaced.

Ralphis said:

I have thinking abit about your post. But I must say. That many people (no I will not name them all) perceive the actions of Bush as develish. By calling him the devil is off course an insult, but compared to the insult Bush is giving to the rest of the world, I find it acceptable.

Seems "Freedom of speech" is "Freedom of (what I allow you to say) speech"?

Freedom of speech is the concept of being able to speak freely without censorship. It is often regarded as an integral concept in modern liberal democracies. The right to freedom of speech is guaranteed under international law through numerous human rights instruments, notably under Article 19 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and Article 10 of the European Convention on Human Rights, although implementation remains lacking in many countries. The synonymous term freedom of expression is sometimes preferred, since the right is not confined to verbal speech but is understood to protect any act of seeking, receiving and imparting information or ideas, regardless of the medium used.

In practice, the right to freedom of speech is not absolute in any country, although the degree of freedom varies greatly. Industrialized countries also have varying approaches to balance freedom with order. For instance, the United States First Amendment theoretically grants absolute freedom, placing the burden upon the state to demonstrate when (if ever) censorship is necessary; in Canada, the Charter of Rights and Freedoms places the burden upon the government to demonstrate how a limitation would benefit the public (e.g. hate speech is illegal); and the European Convention on Human Rights guarantees freedom outside specific circumstances in which it prescribes censorship (e.g. to protect national security). In most all liberal democracies, it is generally recognized that restrictions should be the exception and free expression the rule; nevertheless, compliance with this principle is often lacking.

Zoost said:

for the intellectually curious the transscrip of the speech

"And I think I have some inkling of what the peoples of the south, the oppressed people think. They would say, "Yankee imperialist, go home." I think that is what those people would say if they were given the microphone and if they could speak with one voice to the American imperialists."

Cool! let's stop buying their oil.

Ralphis said:

You and your brother fight (Repub/Democrat) with eachother and don't like eachother within your own walls. However, if some other asshole is going to come into your house and fuck with your brother you should probably stand up for him.

Yes, but I hate both the Republicans and the Democrats for being beaurocratic politicians with no interest in the people's well being, only the nation's. Also, I don't like my sister and I'd think it would be karmic justice if someone started insulting her.