Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dutch Doomer

WIP: Hard Attack

Well as soon as all my community projects are all finished, I will start on an megawad.I have been thinking about this for so long and its something I really would like to make.Not sure if it will be 32 remakes from original doom maps or just 32 all new ones.Atm im not even sure for which port it will be if I should use any custom stuff or just go for 32 classic looking maps with only original doom recources.

Dunno if playing through 32 remakes would be very fun it might get boring.All just ideas atm but one thing is for sure I am going for an megawad one day.

Very nice as usual.

I found the archvile to be a somewhat annoying and slow point, it has too much room for movement, can move to the back of it's room and still flame the player when he can't attack it, and it can't be attacked effectively since it can't walk up to the very edge of the window.

Thanks for the feedback, yeah it has too much space to move around in but on lower skill levels there are two revs in that room.
Dunno if I should fix that maybe change the shape of the room a bit so the player can have good shot at it.

I personally know only 1 problem that i cant really complain about, but at the window near the cage-like windows in the walls (the one with a good view of the sky) if you jump in ZDoom you can see the FWATER1 texture there. But apart from that there is Nothing wrong with it IMO.

- sausage -

Yeah youre right that window can use an make over I just noticed this too you only see this when you jump.
Ah just found some misaligned textures too this stuff always shows up when you release something.

Just finished your map and it was great IMO.
I don't know how much the map resembles the original from the master levels, but I loved the complexity and the classic style of it...

If you're going to make an update of the wad, you may want to block the spawning monsters from gong into the teleporter near the end (where the Archy is and the Mancubus and some other foes teleport in).
It happened two times to me, that the Mancubus walked into the gate and got stuck on the other side!
Just a minor thing though...

Another excellent map! It has that traditional old doom flavor with some really nice detail great job! I am sure I will play it many times.

I just finished playing this. It was easy, and I got lost towards the end and ran around in circles for a while (i missed the unmarked lift that goes down to the outdoor exit area), but overall I liked it. One thing that bugged me a bit (well, mostly it just confused me) were some areas that looked similar or identical to each other (for example, the hallways that the red and blue key doors are in). Still a good map though.

Scuba Steve said:

At the rate Dutch Devil makes maps, the megawad will be done by Halloween.

I do believe that this statemnet is one that is well backed up. I have never seen someone build maps so quick that are so well done.

There's a difference between well done maps done in a semi-short period of time and random (edit: flat, squarish, and symmetrical too) linear maps that were thrown together in a short period of time. :D Keep up the good work, Dutch Devil.

When is Halloween we don't have that over here ;) im guessing an megawad would take a year or two at least.
Spork you make awsome maps your one of my favourite mappers, you have such an good style of mapping your really know how to use textures properly.
Simplicity was one of the best megawads ive played the scripting was sweet and every map impressed me.

@Esselfortium yes some areas look the same cause the original had this as well.
@Bean yeah I know that is my greatest fear this will happen again.