Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DJShrimpy

Monster Lookalikes

Let's not forget that hideous thing with the alien head coming of its shoulder - from Prey. (I wouldn't know its name, I've never played the game) :(

None of you have ever seen the Pumkinhead films? The first one pre-dates DOOM by at least 4 years, with the sequel coming out shortly after that in 1994.

The SuperFly said:

Oh, and three cheers for Blood/Blood 2! Possibly the most under-appreciated shooters of all time.

I agree with Blood, but blood 2 was a major sucker.

Never played Blood 2, though it seemed to get some pretty negative reviews. I played most of the first one, and I agree, it's heavily under-rated. Came out back when FPS games were about intriguing/badass level/character design and atmosphere, rather than plot and depth.

DJShrimpy said:

Apparantly there's a Cyberdemon-like monster in some game called Oremroj (J. Romero backwards) lol...

Yes, Zangband has Cyberdemons that fire rockets, as well as a special unique one named Oremorj that is the stronger than the rest.

I know. I couldn't find a TSFP screenshot with the Crpyt Zombie.

And also I wanna see a screenshot of that Cyberdemon thing. :D

DJShrimpy said:

COOLZOR IMAGEZOR

I was playing Timesplitters: Future Perfect the other day when I realised, holy shit, that guy looks exactly like the Archvile. Hmm...

Name one original feature in Time Splitters.

I've noticed A LOT of Doom and Quake like enemies in the game "Prey". One of which, the one that looks almost EXACTLY like a cyberdemon, just happens to shoot rockets.

The TimeSplitters series contains a veritable shitload of references to other FPS games, movies, pop culture, etc. which is the whole point of it! Even the music contains subtle (or not so subtle) references -- listen to the music in "Venice" from TSFP (at about 3:00) or "Notre Dame" in TS2 (around 1:30) for instance... sound familiar? ;-)

Shapeless said:

This Spawn figure reminds me of The pinky demon from doom.

Looks like an action figure of the Guardian from DOOM 3.