Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Maes

Any Doom 3 for Doom/Doom 2 TC around?

As per title, does anyone know of any ongoing project to adapt Doom 3's storyline and levels to fit into the standard Doom 2 (or perhaps a SC) engine?

A post made long ago at newdoom forums just dismissed this as "not worth the effort"...and no, I'm not asking about graphics/sound mods, I'm asking whether a real TC actually exists.

The martian sky...the metal pavements...the monorail...the alien ruins...all this stuff would look cool even in Doom 2.

Ever heard about the search feature? It's the button where it says "search forums" up at the top. Crazy name for a link? Yeah I know.

kristus said:

Ever heard about the search feature? It's the button where it says "search forums" up at the top. Crazy name for a link? Yeah I know.

You really think I didn't try that first?

Well, apart from the fact that only keywords containing "Doom iii" and "Doom three" (not Doom 3) are accepted, and only the full words "total conversion" instead of "TC" will work, the results yielded nothing useful, and were mostly about "generic" total conversions (e.g. not specifically Doom 3 -> Doom 2).

Same thing over google and idgames.

Well, at least google revealed that a Doom 1 Episode 1 mod for Doom 3 exists...

So yeah, the question will keep getting asked until somebody posts a clear answer in a topic with a clear name :-)

A DOOM II TC using resources based on DOOM 3 is a lame idea, but making a megawad roughly based on DOOM 3 but using DOOM II's resources (plus suitable texture additions or modifications) could produce something interesting, using the DOOM 3 "world" setting and "story" progress.

myk said:

A DOOM II TC using resources based on DOOM 3 is a lame idea, but making a megawad roughly based on DOOM 3 but using DOOM II's resources (plus suitable texture additions or modifications) could produce something interesting, using the DOOM 3 "world" setting and "story" progress.

These were exactly my original thoughts.

Ironically, the "lame" ideas you mentioned already exist, in the form of simple ripped Doom 3 sounds/sprites/GFX replacements for classic Doom. (Well, sprites would actually be 2D-flattened 3D models ;-) )

But a megawad containing a storyline similar to Doom 3 (perhaps aided by source port scripting) would be very interesting indeed.

Maes said:

Ironically, the "lame" ideas you mentioned already exist, in the form of simple ripped Doom 3 sounds/sprites/GFX replacements for classic Doom. (Well, sprites would actually be 2D-flattened 3D models ;-) )

do you have a link to this, or is it just completely shit?

Darmuss said:

do you have a link to this, or is it just completely shit?

Doomworld's idgames mirrors contains just this Doom3 sound wad: http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/index.php?id=12783

Plus, Doom 3 textures may be found in a handful of PWADS here and there, although I don't have a link for a total texture replacement pack.

Personally, I'd like someone to use the Doom 3 engine to recreate Doom 64, not ver batim mind you, but like, an interpretation of the game using new-school graphics.