Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fodders

Take bets on Oct 6th?

Karl Rove has promised the Republicans an "October surprise" to help win the Nov elections, I thought it was going to be Usama's death/capture, but if things are the same as Sept 11th, where the big money went on "put options" earning many a fortune on the stock market, it seems there is a lot of activity for October 6th

Check out the concentrated puts on the Diamonds DOW Trust (DIA):

https://fastquote.fidelity.com/webxpress/ia_optionchain_frameset.phtml?priced=Y&SID_VALUE_ID=DIA

Ditto for the S&P Depository Receipts (SPY):

https://fastquote.fidelity.com/webxpress/ia_optionchain_frameset.phtml?priced=Y&SID_VALUE_ID=SPY

And the NASDAQ (QQQQ):
https://fastquote.fidelity.com/webxpress/ia_optionchain_frameset.phtml?priced=Y&SID_VALUE_ID=QQQQ

Even the Market Vectors Gold Miners has significant puts for October 6th:

https://fastquote.fidelity.com/webxpress/ia_optionchain_frameset.phtml?priced=Y&SID_VALUE_ID=GDX

Make no mistake - something wicked this way comes, and the smart money has already taken preventative steps."

fodders, that site isn't accessible. It requires a social security number...

Linguica said:

fod I am really getting tired of your conspiracy theory threads

Thank you for saying publicly what we've been saying privately.

I agree ith Linguica but I extend that feeling to Nightmare Doom and anyone else of that nature as well. Seriously, STFU. Also, those "omg conspiracy" macros are just about as annoying.

So what will you do, Fods, if this vague Doomsday scenario turns out to be a bunch of hot air?

Scuba Steve said:
Haha, Karl Rove is fat.

Fat, yes, but the conniving little nerd has managed to get ops in #USA and he's been messing with the bots to foul those dems from getting past that feeble +v.

By the way, Karl Rove seems to be saying something like "our election strategy is bound to reap a positive fare", kind of like when a company executive reads the input of a company's plans and concludes that there will be satisfactory profit. This "october surprise" thing seems to be like some sort of tradition anyway (there was talk about something like this in 2004). The Newsmax article that brought this up elaborates and ties what Rove said with previous comments by Ken Mehlman.

This kind of attitude also says something about the elections process, and perhaps its not surprising that elections have been so tight recently, if they depend so much on mediatic stategy; that they are an investment, and voters are what is invested on.

Linguica said:

fod I am really getting tired of your conspiracy theory threads

What theory?

The term conspiracy theory is itself the object of a type of conspiracy theory, which argues that those using the term are manipulating their audience to disregard the topic under discussion, either in a deliberate attempt to conceal the truth, or as dupes of more deliberate conspirators.

Snarboo said:

So what will you do, Fods, if this vague Doomsday scenario turns out to be a bunch of hot air?

Well it would be pretty petty to say "Omg what a shame, thousands were not killed, damn" wouldn't it?

myk said:

This kind of attitude also says something about the elections process, and perhaps its not surprising that elections have been so tight recently, if they depend so much on mediatic stategy; that they are an investment, and voters are what is invested on.

You ever read The Jungle? Or anything about politics since... always? Same shit, different day.

Ultraviolet said:
Or anything about politics since... always?

Indeed, and there's been worse, though the "in your face" stance shows some pretty extreme political impunity.

myk said:

Fat, yes, but the conniving little nerd has managed to get ops in #USA and he's been messing with the bots to foul those dems from getting past that feeble +v.

He's still a pudgy little fatty though :P

It's nearly the end of oct 6th for the eastern hemisphere, haven't seen anything of interest...

I guess not everything is what it seems eh fodders?

Yeah, doesn't look like the end of the world is coming today. Sorry Fodde+++CARRIER LOST+++

Well, I have been controlling myself until the end of the day to say sorry, but ok, I will say it now and strike the source from my list of sites I visit.

I think the big october 6th suprise was the detroit tigers kenny rogers shutting out the yankees for 8 2/3 innings leading to a 6-0 loss. the yanks are now down two games to one in a five game series. who said money buys happiness... or championships, for that matter. heh...

the october surprise was the foley scandal you sillies! only it... won't help them win the elections.... in fact it might make them lose.

so howsabout that october 6th thing

i swear it seems fodders hates bush more than the american bush haters

i swear it seems fodders hates bush more than the american bush haters

For "Fodders" insert "The World". Though they dont all post about conspiracy theories...

And Flouride in the drinking water would improve the dental health of the nation at a stroke!