Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So, I haven't heard any news at ALL regarding the progress of hub 2 on this site or the Team Future site for quite awhile. Is it still going to be a single release or a compilation? Progress report? Anyone plz?

The only person who could possibly tell you anything at all would be one of the members of Team Future. The RTC site is messed up, and there has been know news of future releases yet. Quite frankly, I have a feeling Mordeth E2 will be released long before RTC-3057 Hub2...

Perhaps hub 2 can only happen in your dreams.

Pure Hellspawn said:

I have a bad feeling about RTC-3057 Hub 2 now...

It's going to be this year and somehow win every single award for the 2006 cacoward?

Craigs said:

...Quite frankly, I have a feeling Mordeth E2 will be released long before RTC-3057 Hub2...

<singing>
"Where the pigs are flying, and it's freezing cold in Hell..."

Craigs said:

It's going to be this year and somehow win every single award for the 2006 cacoward?

Lol, I wish. If I wasn't busy a lot (hard to believe I actually got into college) and if I had a lot more intelligence and talent, then I would design my own maps.

Now there is going to be a wad in Newstuff next Sunday called "RTCHUB2.WAD" which will be a single room or something.

Dan: Most likely, yes.

deathbringer said:

You want the Hub? You can't handle the hub!

Considering how a lot of people reacted to the puzzels and "game play" (puzzels are a part of game play, weather you like it or not. :p). I guess that comment were the one with the most truth in the entire thread.

kristus said:

Dan: Most likely, yes.

Considering how a lot of people reacted to the puzzels and "game play" (puzzels are a part of game play, weather you like it or not. :p). I guess that comment were the one with the most truth in the entire thread.

PUZZELS!? DOOM GOT CHAINGUN. RTC GOT CHAINGUN. CHAINGUN NOT MENT 4 TEH PUZULZ!!!

I actually enjoyed the puzzels in RTC-3057. They weren't as frustrating as those of Daedelus or Hexen, and they relied on actual thinking rather then blind luck to find.

Craigs said:

PUZZELS!? DOOM GOT CHAINGUN. RTC GOT CHAINGUN. CHAINGUN NOT MENT 4 TEH PUZULZ!!!

I actually enjoyed the puzzels in RTC-3057. They weren't as frustrating as those of Daedelus or Hexen, and they relied on actual thinking rather then blind luck to find.

Dont u be all up dissin on Daedelus foo.

Craigs said:

Yeah, Hexen was freaking annoying. "Press 30 switches randomly hidden over 5 maps to continue. There's no real reason for this, and we aren't going to give you any clues either!" And as many have said before, Daedalus was like Hexen in space. Those who loved Hexen loved Daedalus and those who hated the former hated the latter as well. As for myself, I thought both to have excellent level design from an asthetic standpoint, but the puzzles annoyed me into giving up halfway through.

Anyway (as I finally get to the point), RTC had really well-crafted puzzles. They weren't too annoying and they all seemed to have points to them, not like "go to the other end of the spaceship and hit a switch because I said so". There were parts where you'd be like "damnit, I want to get through this door, but there's some sort of gas leak, where do I find the air filtration system?" It made you want to finish the puzzles so you could see where it was all leading.

Danarchy said:

Those who loved Hexen loved Daedalus and those who hated the former hated the latter as well.

Not really. Hexen's puzzles were simple and the gameplay was fun, while Daedalus failed gameplay and it's puzzles sucked as well.

Hexen could be frustrating cause you could run around an hour looking for a switch hidden behind a pillar or whatever. But it was still a really well designed and fun game. (Just like Heretic it is pretty damn fun in DM too actually)

I didn't really like Daedalus half assed and monotone level design and half assed textures- ... The only thing I really thought it had going for it were that it were special, had more than some intresting ideas, and that I wanted to find out who the mystery helper were. But most of it were executed in such a meh manner, that it really didn't give me any enjoyment. Especially the ending.