Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SYS

World of Warcraft South Park Episode.

http://www.blizzard.com/press/061002.shtml

A recently aired episode of South Park featured WoW. Cartman and the rest of the gang get hooked on WoW. Blizzard apparently took part in the production of the episode. It makes fun of WoW players pretty good, and plays on the stereotypes of MMORPG players.

Haven't watched an episode of South Park in years. But I had to watch this. It's pretty good.

That was the funniest SP I've seen in a long time.

"This just might be the end of the world... or Warcraft."

It was a really well-done episode. Good plot, plenty of parts where you just have to burst out laughing, and the scenes in-game (80% of the episode) were really awesome. One of my favorite episodes ever.

The WoW community loves the hell out of it too, worldofwarcraft.com had like 3 different front pages posts advertising for it, and after the episode aired I'd say 75% of the threads on the forums were about it.

Mom! MOM! Bathroom! BATHROOM!!

That was like the first South Park episode I had seen in 3 years. It was pretty good too. The funny thing is that all the little details they mentioned were all actualy in the game, such as that one fight that they say happens in the Aerathi Highlands is actually in the Aerathi Highlands. Trey Parker and Matt Stone must be WoW addicts. It's also funny how the end battle took place in the middle of Goldshire. I'd say that's the #1 spot for Alliance duels tied with the gates of Ironforge.

God, I'm such a nerd.

Goat said:

probably my favorite episode ever

Sir, if we dont get this sword to your son, his character will die.

Oh my god.

Bank said:

Sir, if we dont get this sword to your son, his character will die.

Oh my god.

the entire episode was GENIUS

This episode was 99% accurate. As an ex-wow player I just found it to be hilarious and the fact that blizzard even teamed up with south park to make fun of the players. "Quick we need to transfer this sword to his son, but I dont have a wow account. "Do you?" "No, I have a life".

"Let me take the sword, I'm a noob but I have an account."
"We cant give the sword to a noob!"
"It's our only hope..."

The whole episode is an instant classic, although the rest of the season has to automatically suck now that all of the genius has been used up.

"Stan...Stan...aaahhaahhahahahhha"

This episode had me laughing hysterics. This is completely directed to wow players with a sense of humor and people who hate the WoW life style. For people who never played WoW or is a hard core fan will not enjoy this.

What do you mean people who never played WoW won't enjoy it? I've never touched the game before and i thought it was funny. I thought a couple of the jokes were aimed towards gamers in general.

Lizardcommando said:

I thought a couple of the jokes were aimed towards gamers in general.

Like that joke about Korean gamers.

Technician said:

For people who never played WoW... will not enjoy this.

Let me guess: because we just don't GET IT, MAN.

It was pretty amusing. Some people on the WoW forums didn't feel it was hard enough on the game, though. They actually thought it was a toothless advertisement, and Blizzard didn't let them get away with what they really wanted to. Now that's bitter.

South Park does it again, and this was only the first episode of the season. :D

I've never been a fan of shit-jokes and consequently, South Park, but the episode was fuckin' hilarious. Also; it only had ONE shit-joke, it must be a record low for South Park.

South Park's humor is not dirty at all in my opinion, even in the first season I didn't think so. I think it's pretty sophisticated actually. Certainly one of the more intelligent shows on tv these days.

As a WoW player this episode was brilliant and made me 'lol' but it could have done a lot more to take the piss. Loved Cartman's lifeless tone on Teamspeak and the accurate game facts, would have been shite had they exaggerated.

Linguica said:

I have never played WoW and I found that episode completely mediocre.

You think everything is mediocre at best.

Janderson said:

As a WoW player this episode was brilliant and made me 'lol' but it could have done a lot more to take the piss. Loved Cartman's lifeless tone on Teamspeak and the accurate game facts, would have been shite had they exaggerated.

I agree completely that this episode could have seriously destroyed the WoW community with so much more obvious humor. I mean look what they have to work with. But they could really bad mouth too much because Blizzard recorded and synced all the voices with the character models. This feels more like a inside Blizzard joke then humor directed at WoW's expense.