Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bastet Furry

I am bored, gimme some maps with scripted story!

I am bored, so, please tell me some good maps with scripted storys.
Preferable something with a laugh, but RTC-a-likes does the job.

Can't recall many wads outside of joke wads that had a lot of scripted "stories" although the works of The Ultimate Doomer comes to mind (LTSD007 and SSD) as well as Massmouth 1-2.

Thanks people, even if i know some of these, that leaves me playing for a while ^_^
Anybody else in here who realy likes those story maps more than those stupid KillMonster-FindKey-FindExit maps?

Bastet Furry said:

Anybody else in here who realy likes those story maps more than those stupid KillMonster-FindKey-FindExit maps?

I did look forward to the next encounter with Romero or one of the Sins in their respective wads (the ones that I mentioned). It's certainly different.

I missed a big one in the form of Claustrophobia, by Virgil.

kristus said:

There's story in Tormentor's maps?

No but the scripting part is there. Enough so to make up for the lack of story.

Bastet Furry said:

Yes yes and yes! That's exactly why I'm making the mod I'm making (altough I haven't really worked on it in almost a year)!

I can only play normal doom in short segments before the tedium of the repetetive gameplay kicks in.

I would make a RPG map myself, would DB work under Linux and wouldnt i be involved into some projects that have something to do with old 8bit machines and the almighty ARV.
Way too many marriages to dance on... :-/ (i hope that saying translates well.... ;) )

Bastet Furry said:

Thanks people, even if i know some of these, that leaves me playing for a while ^_^

Uhuh, that's why I'm making a game with the zdoom source engine. . . **[/selfpromotion]
But seriously, I love a good story but once in a while a blast fest can be good for a lark

SirTimberWolf said:

Uhuh, that's why I'm making a game with the zdoom source engine. . . **[/selfpromotion]

You got my full attention! *g*

Does this KDiZD I read of somewhere have scripts? Looks like Zdoom retelling Doom, so scripting will overlap the original story. Could be sweet.

Hey.

I just submitted a map (my first) to newstuff, so hopefully it'll be on the list next week if it makes the cut. It's got some story elements in it, but basically to gain information you examine objects in the environment, kinda like in Metroid Prime.

Look out for it if it comes out next week :P

Equinox.wad - its kinda got hub play and has some fantastic levels and textures, you even go on a space ship and go to other planets

Ben2k9 said:

Equinox.wad - its kinda got hub play and has some fantastic levels and textures, you even go on a space ship and go to other planets

That's not exactly scripted. Those are visual cues. You might as well say Doom and Doom II, for their "cutscenes".