Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Maes

Ideas for a new Doom comic/drama in the works.

Seems like veteran doomers who have seen it all need something to occupy their minds...OK, me and Jodwin have this idea cooking about writing a new script for the Doom comic, which will be voiced/sound engineered much like the Doom's comic dramatic rendition.

We are not planning on drawing any actual comic tables though, although a flash version could be made someday.

You can witness one of our previous attempts right here at doomworld, although that one was supposed to be a weird mix between one of our favourite RTS game and Doom, and perhaps failed to impress most fellow doomers (or most players of that RTS, for this reason).

Anyway, we have the voice actors (despite the uhm...british accents ;-) ), we have the sound engineers (me me me :-p ) and we have a few ideas for a script that goes beyond the story from the first doom drama.

Some ideas are:

• Continue the story of "Knee deep in the dead" onto "The shores of hell" and "Inferno"
  • Continue the story onto Doom 2
  • Make a story about a typical Doom co-op game, with TWO doom marines saying badass things at each other, at the world, and the monsters in general.
Please, share any ideas you might have here, or if you are interested in participating/writing a script/voice it please let me know :-)

Kristian Ronge said:

Use the accordion music from this (assuming you get permission to do so -- here's the "producer").

Well for music I'd go in a pure Doom style, preferably using Sonic Clang's Classic Doom remixes (FAR superior to any others I know).

The accordion music just wouldn't blend with what I have in mind...and in general with a Doom marine cursing and spitting axioms and deep truths in his monologues ;-)

For the co-op, name one of the players 'Marie.' When the other player asks why he has that name, he'll say it was a typo (originally meant to be 'Marine').

And a few possible quotes/references:

"I'm going to stab you now... with bullets."

"OPEN THE #@^!in' DOOR!" (kinda funny, I've been on both sides of that situation before -without the decapitation- in Marathon's multiplayer).

And, of course, the occasional off-hand reference to impse or the original Doom Comic. ^^

[QUOTE]Raikoh_Minamoto said:
For the co-op, name one of the players 'Marie.' When the other player asks why he has that name, he'll say it was a typo (originally meant to be 'Marine').

-Hey soldier, why do you have such as sissy name as 'Marie'?
-Huh WTF you say? YOU SAY?! My name is MARINE, MARINE!!!! I am gonna rip and tear the guts of that lamer who mistyped it as 'Marie', and then I'll rip and tear your guts too in a rocket feast arena DM map!!!
-Hey OK,OK I was just asking! Now let's shoot those fireball churning fatsos over there, 'aight?
-YOu bet your friggin' Doom marine ass, buddy! Those fatsos are FAT, that means they have FAT guts and can take many SSG shots, therefore I will make more LIGHT that makes MIGHT!!!
-Uh....right, whatever you say....
-Because if none will step up and take care of the environment....
-Oh no....
-SHUT UP!!! This is SERIOUS, soldier!!! I mean what kind of a world will we be leaving to our children, and our children's children?
-Hmm...one full of rottin' hellspawn fried excrement, I guess (blatantly ripped from Final Doom, fair use!).
-Dammit yeah, but I'm gonna do somethin' about it!!!
-Oh yeah? Whuzzat, whuzzat?
-I'll blow up EVERYTHING in here!!! Blow up that hellspawn REAL GOOD!!!

That should be the right spirit, right?

Sweet Christmas! That. Was. Perfect.

That would kick ass with the accordion music, too.

"What the HELL kind of music is that? Here I am, rippin' an' tearin an' stuff, and you're playing a #@*!in' ACCORDION?!"

Raikoh_Minamoto said:
"What the HELL kind of music is that? Here I am, rippin' an' tearin an' stuff, and you're playing a #@*!in' ACCORDION?!" [/B]

LOL, glad you liked it :-D

Let me see...in reply to the anti-accordion rant:

-Heh, life it like that soldier, you just have to take what's coming to you!
-Oh yeah? Well then I'll take that chaingun over'ere, for 80 pounds of heavenly joy, and you will take some extra button holes all over you, buddy! How about THAT? Eh? Do YOU have what it TAKES????
-Hey calm down, whatsdamatter with you???
-I said, DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES? ARE YOU A MAN?!
-That's a big 10-4, marine, and beware coz I'm a bad man boy!
-So you THINK you're a bad man? HOW BAD?
-Im 10.0 on the 10.0 scale of badn...
-WTF YOU SAID? I'm a 12.0 on the 10.0 scale of badness, and I'll chainsaw your sorry ass if you don't stop this accordion music!!!!
-But...it's not like I can stop the music....
-Pay attention when I'm talking boy coz I've got something to say!!!! Allow me to communicate you my desire to rip and tear you and to stop this awful accordion music!!!!
-You really gotta keep it down on the berserker packs dude, you're really scaring me off! And I can't stop the goddamn' music aight? It's the music the lame PWAD author chose for this map, and you're gonna play it through!!!
-Oh yeah?! That's what you think?
-10-4 'aight, how are you going to stop the music?
-HOW? But my 80 pounds of heavenly joy! 'Er heavenly cry will DEFEAT that evil music!!!! (Starts firing the chaingun like mad while he's movnig randomly, wasting ammo, making a lot of noise, and hitting walls, foes and friends alike)
-OUCH you hit me you crazy S.O.B.!!! But you won't get away with it! Justice will prevail (this coop is turning more and more into a DM!)
-HEAR her heavenly cry!!!! This sounds like angels!!! Oh, the chaingun...
-(the other matine, pissed off, fires a rocket but they both die from splash because the crazed marine tried to stick the chaingun into the other's ear so he could listen better to the heavenly cry).

True, it may satisfy, but I don't think that we want to stop there. Heck, when Doom first came out, it didn't just satisfy, it made heads explode. I think it would be a good idea if we tried to at least outdo ourselves. :)

Maes said:

-Oh yeah? Well then I'll take that chaingun over'ere, for 80 pounds of heavenly joy, and you will take some extra button holes all over you, buddy! How about THAT? Eh? Do YOU have what it TAKES????
-WTF YOU SAID? I'm a 12.0 on the 10.0 scale of badness, and I'll chainsaw your sorry ass if you don't stop this accordion music!!!!
-Pay attention when I'm talking boy coz I've got something to say!!!! Allow me to communicate you my desire to rip and tear you and to stop this awful accordion music!!!!
-You really gotta keep it down on the berserker packs dude, you're really scaring me off! And I can't stop the goddamn' music aight? It's the music the lame PWAD author chose for this map, and you're gonna play it through!!!
-HOW? But my 80 pounds of heavenly joy! 'Er heavenly cry will DEFEAT that evil music!!!! (Starts firing the chaingun like mad while he's movnig randomly, wasting ammo, making a lot of noise, and hitting walls, foes and friends alike)
-OUCH you hit me you crazy S.O.B.!!! But you won't get away with it! Justice will prevail (this coop is turning more and more into a DM!)
-(the other matine, pissed off, fires a rocket but they both die from splash because the crazed marine tried to stick the chaingun into the other's ear so he could listen better to the heavenly cry).

I can hardly stop laughing at this stuff, it's hilarious.

Maes said:

OMG i can't stop laughing for it :) hahahahhahah nice work

alterworldruler said:

OMG i can't stop laughing for it :) hahahahhahah nice work

;-)

Let's see how I could go on...

The two marines come across a berserker pack and a BFG 9000.

-Hail to the chief!!!
-Huh?!
-I just witnessed the most beautiful sight any soldier can behold: hetr majesty, the BFG 9000!!!
-Hah, guns are for wusses!!! Me, I'm takin' that good ole' berzerker pack o'er 'ere, so I can RIP and TEAR, RIP and TEAR ...
-...rip and tear guts and stuff, yeah yeah. Fine by me, then (grabs the BFG 9000). Mind ye, this won't respawn for you to pick up too!!!
-I don't need a gun, guns are for wusses!!!
(grabbing the BFG 9000 causes a trap to activate and several mancubi and revenants swarm the room from nowhere)

-Sweet christmas!!! It's a helluvalot of those those fat, 6-fireball packing fat thingies and those pissed off homing missile skeleton guys!!!!
-Ah, really? Well I never had fun with one of them before...WTF is that? OH NO, you can't be throwing me those things at me, that's no fair!!! I am going to cook with gas now, baby!!!

(What follows is a huge infight between revenant and manci, and a few unlucky manci are "ripped and teared" by the insane marine)

- Oh YEAH, YEAH!!! FAT GUTS TO RIP AND TEAR!!!! DIE YOU FATSOS, I will cook you with gas in your own lard, you fat sunuvas...
- AND I will treat you all with the holy grail of firepower!!! Feel the rightneousness (and the superior firepower) overwhelming you, creatures of the darkness!!!!

(in the end, only one badly hurt revenant remains)

-Yeah baby, it's only u and me now!!! I am going to rip and tear your guts now!!!!
(revenant hits crazed marine with a fireball!)
-ARGH!!! I let you hit me!!! THAt was stupid!!! STUPID, STUPID STUPID skellie!!! NOw you're going to be stupid and dead!!! RIP AND TEAR!!!

(Marine tysons revvie to death)

- WHAT??? NO GUTS??? Whuzzat??? Why don't you have GUTS to rip and tear? ALL YOU HAVE IS A BLOODY SPINAL CORD BABY, that's ain't a'ight by me, knowwhatumsayin' ????

- Dude, that's a Revenant, revenants don't have guts....

- WHAT?? AND NOW HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO RIP AND TEAR STUFF NOW????

- You just...don't....and we move on, a'ight? this place stinks of fried excrement...much like any other place in this...

- OH NO YOU DON'T!!! GIMME YOUR BFG NOW, BUDDY!!! THIS STINKING DEMON'S GOTTA GET WHAT HE DESERVES!!!!

- But he's already dead, cor'blimey!!! What you need the BFG for??

- I may not be able to rip and tear any guts....but I CAN BLAST THIS sunuvabitch into a zillion small pieces!!!!

(Fires BFG, wasting ammo and splintering the remains of the revenant)

-Oi mate, now that was a waste of perfectly good ammo!!!! YOu're one bloody crazy sunuvabitch, I'm gone!!! And gimme my BFG 9000 back!!!!

(to be continued...)