Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
june gloom

was the aliens doom TC ever foxed?

Never. It was completed in its entirety and is still available for download from many locations. I even created an updated version of it that works much better with source ports. I always forget the URL to it though.

Didn't someone make an updated version of it that fixed some bugs and used an integrated BEX patch instead? I seem to remember there being one, but not being able to download it from any reliable site.

Yeah, Aliens TC has been available on cdrom.com and then 3dgamers.com since its original upload. While some may have avoided including it in some wad bundle CDs and such (Hank Leukart's DOOM Hacker'd Giude shows a screen shot of it when listing TCs from back then, but does not include it in the CD with other mods, probably to avoid potential trouble) here and there but there is no indication that FOX stepped in directly to have it removed anywhere.

The cause of the confusion here seems to be the PlanetQuake article linked on the wiki (which says something about "since the DOOM Aliens TC").

Yeah, I remember downloading the Aliens TC, though I could never get it to work right. I should try Quasar's version some day.

If FOX did try to... fox them them, then they are even bigger idiots then I thought. It's like an ad for Aliens that they don't need to pay for or work on.