Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Vegeta

Black hole weapon, is it posible?

After reading the other thread about black holes and big bangs, I got this idea, I'd like to know if it's posible.

A projectile that when explodes it has a big splash radious, but unlike normal explosions it suck down the afected target, but does little or null damage. The sprite keeps looping (for a while) so targets are sucked down to the center, where the projectile keeps shooting projectiles that vanish in less than a second, but have a big damage, or perhaps average damage but as the target can't get out, it dies unless it has a lot of HPs.

So the question is if it's posible to put a negative value in the "push" "flag".

You could easily give every monster a special death associated with the weapon so all mosnters that are killed with that weapon do a special death. Replace Flame/Vaporize/Ice in ZDoom to do a disappear action (Vaporize could possibly work)... and anything hit by the radius would vanish. A negative force effect is probably not possible...

Perhaps you could spawn a boom point puller. I cant remember if that affects monsters or not. Would be cool for someone to finally get some use out of that thing.

I think the boom point pushers/pullers are only activated when the level is loaded, and hence won't do anything if spawned dynamically. This may be different in ZDOOM. They also require bit 9 in the sector type to be set, which may be a hassle if your editor doesn't support the boom sector bitflags.