Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Juan Perez

Want to contribute!

Hi. Sorry for the last post (it was a lapsus; i will be thankful if it is erased soon). I want to contribute to Freedoom project.
I want to make MAP15 and MAP18, and to create a little resource wad for PRBOOM (to change the Prboom text's DooM font with Freedoom's). Please, I will be glad to do it.

Thanks for your time.

Juan Perez said:

Hi. Sorry for the last post (it was a lapsus; i will be thankful if it is erased soon). I want to contribute to Freedoom project.
I want to make MAP15 and MAP18, and to create a little resource wad for PRBOOM (to change the Prboom text's DooM font with Freedoom's). Please, I will be glad to do it.

Thanks for your time.

Regarding the font: I think it might be nice if we could get a different font. The current one is good but a bit hard to read. That is most clear when you look at it compared to the prboom menus, side-by-side, in the old doom font.

I'd quite like to write some software that could take an input picture with the entire alphabet on it and output a string of your choosing, that way we could rename the levels easily and make replacements for prboom or zdoom specific menu lumps easily. We could even to localisations!

Jon said:
I'd quite like to write some software that could take an input picture with the entire alphabet on it and output a string of your choosing, that way we could rename the levels easily and make replacements for prboom or zdoom specific menu lumps easily. We could even to localisations!

pbmtext does something like this, but only in monochrome. Still, it could be used as a base...

I finished. Please, don't get me wrong. This is the PrBoom's new options with Freedoom option's font. Now here is a comparison:

PrBoom's new options in Doom font.

PrBoom's new options in Freedoom font.

It may look a little "home made", but it will help to feel Freedoom in PrBoom like a brand new game and no just like a "replacement IWAD".

You can grab the Wad fron here: http://www.gigasize.com/get.php/108115/PRB-FD.zip

Also, I want to say I can't make MAP15 and MAP19, because I'm very, very busy and I don't have much time.

I hope my little contribution will be useful for playing Freedoom with PrBoom.

Don't forget to do the same to Legacy's menu too. Currently Legacy is bundled with Freedoom on the FreeDOS CD distribution and still has the doom menu gfx, and that's a bad thing.

Speaking of fonts, if no-one else wants to go to the trouble, I can make the titlepatches for the levels. I do want to be a part of this project (it's looking real nice right now!).

Jimmy91 said:

Speaking of fonts, if no-one else wants to go to the trouble, I can make the titlepatches for the levels. I do want to be a part of this project (it's looking real nice right now!).

As Jon mentioned, the best way to do this is to automate it - ie. write a script to generate the graphics automatically.