Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Foofoo

idea: doomguy turns into an imp

a wad where doomguy turns into an imp at midnight :o (or some time)
like there could be a military base type dealy, and around it could be mountainous parts where the imps live, so you have to go to the base when you're a human and do certain objectives etc. but get out before 12am (or whenever) comes up or you'll turn into an imp and the other humans get you/shoot you. and vise versa for the mountainous imp areas.

yep random idea. thank you.

yes a wereimp. and maybe the mugshot at the bottom could slowly start transforming into an imp as the time draws nearer and nearer.

and maybe a timer so you know how much time you have left before the transformation is complete.

Yes...son of impse...

this could prove interesting...>:D

*Hysterical evil laughter*

Vile said:
What a horrible night to have a curse.

I lol'd at the inside joke

Foofoo said:
hehe. son of impse

hmmm the intro would have to explain this in vivid detail how this happens (use the entire impse cutscene)

Foofoo gets a good idea!

Later have him taken under the wing of some researcher who knows what is going on. Then plunge him into the reverse situation (infiltrating a demon fortress while in imp form).

Sounds like a good idea. Once/if turned imp you have to roam at imp's speed (eight units) and attack with imp fireballs, of course avoid combat as posible. May be some imps could enter the base to rescue you (you're the only imp that can morph into a human, so you have some value), but watch out, there are many marines with berserk pack around there, that really want to put their hands (and much more) on you.

Scuba Steve said:
Your father was a Marine and your mother an Imp.

ACTION DOOM 2: SON OF IMPSE !

Vegeta said:

Once/if turned imp you have to roam at imp's speed (eight units) and attack with imp fireballs,

Ew, that's sluggish.

But it's a good idea, unless the heavy scripting turns Doom into a tedious sequence of "action/adventure" watchgaming. But have a try. Mapping is the longest job anyway.

Bastet Furry said:

In before: "Die, Monster, you dont belong in this world!"

Lol this is quote from Castlevania:SOTN on psx

alterworldruler said:

Lol this is quote from Castlevania:SOTN on psx

Yup ;)
I thought someone would jump on this bandwagon meme and continiue, but....... as long as we dont get some kind of bel air or copy pasta, all is fine.

Heh, this reminds me of this game I have somewhere called Lands of Lore: Guardians of Destiny (which sounds like two steps away from Manos: The Hands of Fate) which in my opinion is the worst commercial PC game I've ever played. You'd randomly turn into this huge monster or this tiny dinosaur thing which would help you with puzzles. THat was the interesting part of the game, but beyond that it was stupid and ugly and 4 whole disks of shitty FMV crap.

Vile said:

What a horrible night to have a curse.

It sounds more like Castlevania 3 where you can change into one of three other people (well, you only have one choice at a time) whenever you wanted.

TheDarkArchon said:

It's Castlevania 2 when night comes.

I know what it's from. I meant the idea seems to be a bit more like Castlevania 3.

Foofoo said:

hehe. son of impse

ewww...! So I guess somebody will make a scripted scene with the...uhm...moment of birth?

Maybe the hard childhood years...puberty...hmm...

*sigh* Maybe it was better when we just stuck to topics about the genitalia and virility of Doom monsters....or maybe just DOom toilets.

I was once working on a version of MBF in which you could play as all the monsters. Basically it was like Hexen's player class system, but there were a couple dozen player classes for the enemies from all the different DOOM engine games. I planned to add TC stuff too, like the aliens from Aliens TC, etc. I had the sounds, simpler monster attacks, and hit points working, but nothing fancier than that ;) The idea was that it would be cool for multiplayer. There was even a random class mode where you respawned as a different monster after every frag :) Sometimes this was bad though, for example if you were on MAP02 and spawned as a Cyberdemon, you had a bit of trouble moving from your spawnspot :P

EDIT: Oh yeah. NOOO, THIS CANNOT BE! BLEARGHHH ::fwoosh::

That reminds me. The Korax mod for Hexen has a spell for the mage where you can possess monsters. The view would transfer to the new body while your old body would just be standing there. It can be killed, and if it is, you die as well. If the body of the monster dies, you'll just zip right back to your old body.

Bad news, at 12 o'clock the UAC celebrates an... IMPSE PARTY!

Foofoo said:

a wad where doomguy turns into an imp at midnight :o (or some time)
like there could be a military base type dealy, and around it could be mountainous parts where the imps live, so you have to go to the base when you're a human and do certain objectives etc. but get out before 12am (or whenever) comes up or you'll turn into an imp and the other humans get you/shoot you. and vise versa for the mountainous imp areas.

yep random idea. thank you.

Why are you telling us? Now it won't be a surprise when you release it.

Ultraviolet said:

A miserable pile of secrets, or so I hear.

But enough talk. Have at you! ::cue Dance of Illusions::