Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fiend-o-hell

Teleporting Using Scripts

I've been playing around with a number of teleportaion scripts and none seem to work. I assumed it would be a simple code such as this one:

script 4 open //player TID is 200, spawnspot TID is 100
{
TeleportOther(200,100,0);
}

I also tried using ACS_Execute and other Teleportation commands all without effect. Im just trying to achieve a simple instant teleportaion from wherever the player is at in the map to a teleport destination.

Try it in an enter script instead of open. I may be wrong, but open runs when the map is loaded, and enter when the player is placed in the map (enters the map).

Yeah i tried that. The script should still perform the task no matter if its open or if its activated by ACS_Execute. It doesnt change the basic function of the code...

How do you give your player a tid? If you just set it in the spawn spot it won't work. You have to assign it in an ENTER script.

I just assign the tid's (including the player's) through the thing's dialogue box. I don't really see why this would differ from a script assigned tid?

The script doesnt know who the activator is since there was nothing to active in the first place. Most of these teleportation actions, at least to me anyways, dont seem do work right in scripts. The TeleportOther action type seems to be the only one that can do instantaneous teleportation because it checks for a specific TID and not activator.