Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
GGG

Six hundred pound corpses have all the fun.

This is the only thing I've ever read which is funny enough to make me forget it's actually disgusting :P

No wonder there are no fat corpses in DOOM; the monsters fried them in their own fat.

The body fluids seeped out onto the floor and ignited causing a fire at the Garner Funeral Home in Salt Lake City.

Wow...just...wow. It's like he was made of fry vat grease. Damn, I didn't know Mormons could get so fat considering they never drink soda.

Danarchy said:

Wow...just...wow. It's like he was made of fry vat grease. Damn, I didn't know Mormons could get so fat considering they never drink soda.

In a sense he was.

Remember, when it comes to being flammable human fat is really no different from any other kind of lard, grease or blubber. It all burns well and gets very hot in the process.

Secondly, fatty tissue is the tissue type with probably the lowest content of water.

So if you have to incinerate some huge gut-lord with large amounts of his body mass devoted to continuous stretches of fat you've got a potential hazard on your hands.

Real life mancubus. It's fireball arms must have still been active when they put it in the furnace, thats what really caused the fire.

Kristian Ronge said:

Uh, I hope you are joking. These aren't the type of ovens people have at home.

I meant how in the hell can you lift up a huge fat man in the oven? Seems like it would take a fork lift to do that.

It's not like they handle the bodies like they handle carcasses.

HEY BILL, LUG ANOTHER ONE ON THE BARBEY WILL YAH?!

SURE THING CLETUS; HELP ME WITH THIS ONE THOUGH, HE'S FAT!

I still think morticians loathe having to deal with the grotesquely obese though.

The need for being respecful towards the deceased only compounds to the trouble. (IE, it would be so much easier to cremate a 600 pound corpse by cutting it up in smaller more manageable pieces, but unfortunately protocol, and the feelings of the bereaved precludes this solution).

And if they choose a coffin burial there are all the trouble with finding the right size coffin which might not fit properly into the mausoleum.

And then there is the problem with internal pressure due to gasses which is always a bigger problem in larger corpses with more insulating fat.

In other words: Do you undertaker a favor and watch your feckin' diet!

I wouldn't be surprised if there were morgues that enforced weight limits for cadavers.

Little Faith said:

And then there is the problem with internal pressure due to gasses which is always a bigger problem in larger corpses with more insulating fat.

As shown by those exploding whale stories.

I still don't know how they fit him in the stove. They have a fat man oven for probably little over 400 pounds but 600! I just wonder they just didn't cut some fat of him.