Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
dsm

Doom 3 monster

Question: If the brown creature in the macworld video turned out to be the new imp, what would you think of the changes made to it?

That monster just CAN'T be the Imp. No spikes, not the right body shape, and it didnt' even move right!

The Doom manual describes the imp as brown and thorny - this "thing" IS brown and thorny, its torso shape IS similar to that of the old imp and its eyes remind me of the old imp's eyes (if we look away from the fact that the new monster's eyes are yellow).

About the spikes: Id could easily have ditched them, though I don't see why.

He didn't move right? Whaddya mean??? Seeing as how movement in Doom 3 is far more realistic than in Doom, it could easily seem different than in the old Doom.

Oh, and you forgot to mention that the monster has horns - the old imp doesn't.
To that I can say the following: Id could have added horns to the imp to make it look more demonic - the old imp didn't look much like a demon-creature. And notice how short these horns are. I'd wager that bigger demons have bigger horns.

Is it just me, or did that creature seem almost bird-like in appearance (I swear it had a beak). I don't think it will be the new imp. I hope not anyway. The imp always seemed fairly humanoid, whereas this new creature, well, doesn't. It really doesn't look like it would fit into the whole "space station" theme as well as the new Demon does. But what would I know?

it doesn't seem brown at all to me. It seems more like it has a blue body mostly, yellow beak, and some green outline his arms and legs. Imo, it doesn't look very much alike the ordinary imp in the video to me. However, although it isn't really the imp, the demon still looks awesomely cool

it doesn't seem brown at all to me. It seems more like it has a blue body mostly, yellow beak, and some green outline his arms and legs. Imo, it doesn't look very much alike the ordinary imp in the video to me. However, although it isn't really the imp, the demon still looks awesomely cool

The bluish and greenish colours are lightning effects, but anyway, my question was merely hypothetical. I agree that the new demon looks cool, but I dislike its horns - they look rather wimpy compared to the old demon's horns.

The bluish and greenish colours are lightning effects, but anyway, my question was merely hypothetical. I agree that the new demon looks cool, but I dislike its horns - they look rather wimpy compared to the old demon's horns.

You shouldn't really have to use its horns compared to the old demon's. This is a new demon and each of the monsters has its own characteristics. If this is really a bird demon, I believe the id guys must have good reasons of why they created like the way how it looks like right now.

Bear in mind all id employees are true lovers of the DOOM franchise. They're not gonna blew it up with sub-par monsters. Not with Adrian and Kevin still leading the Art Department...

I think people are too pessimistic about id's skills. Of course the monsters are going to be cool :P

it's head looks like one of those dinosours with 3 horns. However I'm pretty sure that's because of the low quality of the movie and bad angles of it too.

What I don't understand is why everyone thinks it's supposed to be an imp.

We don't even know the game's gonna be a Doom sequel, do we?

Everyone thinks it's an imp?
Judging by the majority of these replies, it looks like everyone don't think that it's supposed to be an imp.

I wish id would reveal the new Doom game's title and whether it's a sequel or not. That's the only info I actually want from id until the game's released.

maybe it's just another mutated marine, it has somekind of armor.

No not the creature this thread is about.
The one with the armour is likely a former human marine, who has mutated/rotted to a skull-face thing with armour.

The thing we're talking about has horns, yellow eyes, a hole in the chest and is greyish-brown (with tiny thorns).

Here it is

Yes, i know, but I had an idead it was a former marine, because it has that "hole" and it looks wounded. But yep, now I see it more clearly, maybe it's a new kind monster. Or our brown friend. When you shoot one, in doom, you can also see a hole between it legs :P muahahaha dirty thoughts!

Yes, i know, but I had an idead it was a former marine, because it has that "hole" and it looks wounded. But yep, now I see it more clearly, maybe it's a new kind monster. Or our brown friend. When you shoot one, in doom, you can also see a hole between it legs :P muahahaha dirty thoughts!

The "wound" kinda baffles me as well, but I remember some texture in Q3A, depicting a demonic creature that looked like a beefed up imp. That thing had a similar hole in its chest.