Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dusty

Finally! A pic of my id Software Collection!!

Thanks everyone for the kind words. Its a lot of work and time getting it all done but its fun. Hard to squeeze into my already very busy schedule though.

Bloodskull - no offense but I hope you don't catch up. :)

Hey, that's impresive, could you post an inventary list (products and quantity of each)?

Vegeta said:

Hey, that's impresive, could you post an inventary list (products and quantity of each)?

My list is a little out of date and I plan on updating it next week. I've been thinking about posting the list, just have not decided yet for sure.

Wow, that's a lot of id meterial! Are there specific things you're looking for that are particularly hard to come by?

I looked at your pic again and i noticed the only painted lost soul you have there looks very similar to the one (already painted) I bought on ebay last fall -- was that you who sold it?

Scuba Steve said:

I'd definitely trade an AD box for a pewter Cyberdemon ;)

I think that's workable if you want to do it. How many AD boxes did you say there are?

leileilol said:

Where's Malice and Hacx? Juggernaut for Quake2? Aftershock? Dark Hour?

I have Malice and Aftershock and Dark Hour but none of them fit into the picture. I do not have Hacx. Collecting non-id made products are a much lower priority for me, except for Tricks of the Doom Programming Gurus because I used the crap out of that back in the day.

DeumReaper said:

I looked at your pic again and i noticed the only painted lost soul you have there looks very similar to the one (already painted) I bought on ebay last fall -- was that you who sold it?

No but I bought that one off Ebay, I guess we each got one from the same guy.

So is there anyway I can get the Quake II figures, the Heretic book thing, and the Doo miniatures? Or are they gone for good... :(

And I know this sounds stupid but I remember that there was a Doom II calling card (with the Gatekeeper's face on it, black and white) do you have that?

Dusty said:

I think that's workable if you want to do it. How many AD boxes did you say there are?

Are you serious? I mean, they're not official id material.

There are 10.

DJShrimpy said:

And I know this sounds stupid but I remember that there was a Doom II calling card (with the Gatekeeper's face on it, black and white) do you have that?

Actually, that came with the id anthology set. And I see 2 of them in that photograph, so he has 2 calling cards :)

I have one, too.

Heh, I used to have the Doom 2 and Heretic strategy guides, but I threw them away. I was kind of curious as to why they put the pictures of the monsters and the weapons in the Heretic strategy guide, because the images were such horrible quality, (ever hit prt scr, opened up paint, and then select paste? That's what it looked like), and because the guide was horribly inaccurate. If I remember correctly, it said the only time you could get a megasphere was at the end of the game.
This collection is cool, but I think you're missing Commander Keen.

You don't have the Hissy.

He's gonna have to kill manc for it.

DJShrimpy said:

So is there anyway I can get the Quake II figures, the Heretic book thing, and the Doo miniatures? Or are they gone for good... :(

The Q2 figures are on Ebay all the time, they don't seem that rare. There are 5 different ones total.

The Heretic book I found in a book store. The Doom miniatures - HARD to find and be ready to pay out the rear.

Like Dittohead said the calling card comes w/ the id Anthology so technically I have 2 of those, one sealed and one open.

Scuba Steve said:

Are you serious? I mean, they're not official id material.

There are 10.

Yeah I'm serious. I have 8 Cyberdemons (including the 2 in the id Anthology boxes). So I figure I'd rather have 7 Cyberdemons and a 1 of 10 Doom box. Not all of my stuff if official id stuff, i.e. DemonGate, D!Zone, etc.

I'm in Vegas for a week on business but we could talk about it when I get back on the 6th.

One question: You've obviously got Doom, Doom II, Final Doom, Heretic, Hexen, etc. Do you have Strife, Amulets and Armor and Chex Quest as well?

fraggle said:

One question: You've obviously got Doom, Doom II, Final Doom, Heretic, Hexen, etc. Do you have Strife, Amulets and Armor and Chex Quest as well?

No, and no desire for any of them.

Vegeta said:

What about "The Lost Episodes of DOOM"?

I don't have this by itself! :(

DJShrimpy said:

Hey guys, by any chance, is the Doom II Official Strategy Guide aka "Doom Survival Guide" rare by any chance?

Based on its value, I'd say not really. I paid $6.41 delivered for my copy in very good condition.

amnesia said:

dude, you own a ferrari

holy crap

LOL yeah. I bought it last December, really fulfilled a life dream of mine. I've been working my butt off for 10 years to get it and finally the time was right. I'm on the list for the F430, supposedly they will order mine around next Christmas, but that could be moved up or down still. When you're young and trying to get on the Ferrari "in" list its very difficult. You're battling people that have been on the list for 10, 20, 30+ years, and they all get priority over you.

Regards,

Dusty

DarkSoul520 said:

Wow, I just crapped myself.

Awesome stuff.
How you long you been collecting?

Thanks! I started collecting 2 years ago, but I quit for about 8-10 months of this time while I was focused on other things. So I guess about 14-16 months of hardcore active collecting.

Regards,

Dusty

Dusty said:

LOL yeah. I bought it last December, really fulfilled a life dream of mine. I've been working my butt off for 10 years to get it and finally the time was right. I'm on the list for the F430, supposedly they will order mine around next Christmas, but that could be moved up or down still. When you're young and trying to get on the Ferrari "in" list its very difficult. You're battling people that have been on the list for 10, 20, 30+ years, and they all get priority over you.

Regards,

Dusty

yea, that's cool. i hope to buy one right out of college. i guess your internet business really helped