Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SyntherAugustus

Final Fantasy 12 omg

Heh, I picked up my FF12 CE today. The only dissapointment is the lack of japenese audio. Otherwise it's a nice buy. The battle system's pretty fun and easy to grind your characters. Feels like an MMO a bit. :)

I'm hesitant to pick this game up; heard the battle system is like FFXI a bit. I havent played it but it does look like the next-gen version of 9 (a good game but I absolutely hated its style).
If enough people here say its good (that actually have the game and played it) I might consider getting it.

Same shit. Travesty happens in futuristic middle age hybrid world. You go on a quest to kill the opponent who caused it. Level up. And such.

This series gets so many fans for the cut scenes and good music score. If they really wanted to impress me have one take place in today’s present or at least a different kind of future world. Since none of the games connect anyway.

Technician said:

If they really wanted to impress me have one take place in today's present or at least a different kind of future world.

Final Fantasy.

But, I agree with the first part. I hate 'proper' RPGs anyway.

I haven't had the opportunity to pick it up. I already wasted a night out because I thought I heard some stores had it in Sunday.

The Final Fantasy series went downhill after 7.

Yeah. Why is each game called the "Final" Fantasy?

Why are they listed as a series since none of them have a tied together story?

SO FUNNY I FORGOT TO LAUGH

Seven WAS the best FF. The only one so far that I've wanted to play over and over and over :P I'm playing through it again right now with ePSXe. I just got the buggy and went back to Junon so that I can fight Slaloms in the alarm tunnel and get up to level 40 and be powerful enough to beat Sephiroth on the first disc :P

I just found out that the kid who voices Vaan (the "main" hero) is the same kid who was doing the Michael Jackson moves on Alien Ant Farm's "Smooth Criminal" video. That's... random.

Since 6 was the last good one, I really don't care much for this new one. Not that I actually have a system to play it on anyway. I am, however, really looking forward to Final Fantasy 3 for the DS and Final Fantasy 5 for the GBA.

Fredrik said:

Yeah. Why is each game called the "Final" Fantasy?

*puts on his scholarly glasses of knowledge +1*

Well, you see back in 1988 or whatever, Square was a failing game company and they only had resources for one more game, so they decided to make an RPG and call it "Final Fantasy" since it was going to be their final game. Then it ended up doing so well that they had to make a sequel, then another and another. So really it was just a bout of strange irony that gave birth to a long series of "Final" games.

As for them not being connected, I don't really have an answer for that but I don't really care either. But since all the games end with the characters being super-powerful god-summoning people it would be a little silly to make a sequel to that. You can't start out all-powerful like that. Also, there are many connections between the games, like the classes, chocobos, moogles, the espers (Shiva, Ifrit, Ramuh, Bahamut, etc.) and so forth. So yeah, whatever. It's probably more fun that way.

Danarchy said:

But since all the games end with the characters being super-powerful god-summoning people it would be a little silly to make a sequel to that.

Heh, alot of people died in FFX and a sequel was done anyway.

Oh wait, TIDUS LIVES SOMEHOW.

Danarchy said:

Since 6 was the last good one,

Cookies for you, even though I've liked pretty much the entire series.

My brother got it yesterday on release. I've been watching it somewhat, and it is really awesome. I dunno about the story, but the gameplay looks really fun. Or maybe it's just fun to watch. It is indeed really fun to watch. In every other FF and RPG I've ever played, I don't like playing them. If they make me go in to a dungeon, I'm praying for it to end. Dungeons are tortue. Battles even were torture, IMO. This is another reason FF9 was always my favorite, the dungeons are miniscule. Golden Sun's dungeons were hours and hours. My hate for Zelda is probably linked to this somehow. Anyway, in FF12, dungeons are a thumping good time. You don't even want to leave them, you want to run around and keep womping on mobs.

I hate most of the characters so far, at least the humans, but the non-humans are cool. Montblanc for example, is sweet.

DEAR FF FANBOYS,

Ah, FF12, you say? I'm sure you'll love to play the rehash of the same game you always have played, but with prettier visuals. I'm sure you'll love levelling up, collecting "Gil" (which I guess is a shortened form of "gild", which is "gold", how original), and having random battles for the hell of it, while still trying to keep a coherent storyline, that when you put down the game for a week, and come back, you don't know what the hell to do. But, if you want the same bullshit themes and plot that we've seen in almost every RPG from square in the late 90s and 2000's, go right ahead and buy it.

FF6 was the last one I could stand. FF12 has the same bullshit as the last few games. Online play, big deal, we had that in Graal back in the 90s.

So I have a question for Square! How about an RPG with ABSOLUTELY NOTHING RELATED TO DUNGEONS AND DRAGONS? Maybe then I will think about playing another RPG. But as long as Square hast the Fantasy-medieval-supertechnologic shit that was at its worst in FF9(it's like the flintstones at some points!) , I won't touch it.

I mean, Wikipedia has you guys beat at plot! check it out:

"Many entries in the Final Fantasy series involve broadly similar plot points, such as rebellion against a major economic, political, or religious power, a struggle against an evil which threatens to overtake or destroy the world, or nature versus technology. The love between major characters, and in some cases rivalry between characters, as well as the death of major (and sometimes playable) characters, will also drive the plot. Elemental crystals have appeared in over half of the titles of the series. Also, most of the games' plots seem to involve large-scale destruction at some point in the game, often near the end." BORING!

PLEASE PROVE ME WRONG. Tell me what's new in this game that makes it "fresh" and exciting.

Please STFU. Nobody has to prove anything to you. If you don't like RPGs, or FF RPGs in particular, then go mind your own business. Your post is just flamebait.

Technician said:
If they really wanted to impress me have one take place in today's present or at least a different kind of future world.

Not by Square, but try playing Shadow Hearts of Shadow Hearts Covenant; they're set in the early 20th century. Just stay away from the newest one "From the New World"... it's just ass.

I got XII on release so I could get the special edition but I doubt I'll play it any time soon. Right now I'm trying to finish everything in the new .hack game, and in a few weeks the Wii is released. Final Fantasy just ins't a priority for me.

The way I see it, each game had its good points:

I - Offered a bit of replay value by allowing you to make unbalanced groups. If you can do a solo Black Mage quest here, you're pretty good.

II - Had an interesting leveling system that has yet to be copied. People generally didn't like it, but I saw potential there.

III - The job system! Lots of fun and interesting things were accomplished with the versatile game engine.

IV - Awesome story and one of the best soundtracks of any game.

V - Somewhat lackluster, but the expanded job system was fun to play with.

VI - Amazing music and graphics, memorable characters and locations, interesting story. Probably the first game I've ever played where I walked away from it feeling I'd experienced something unique.

VII - Interesting ability system, epic story... well, I kind of blew through this one, but it's not like there aren't enough people raving about it.

VIII - Square's first step into the "interactive movie". They put the emphasis on drama, which kind of fell flat sometimes... but when it worked, it REALLY worked.

IX - The art style here is admirable. This one was a masterpiece in concept and art design. Just about every aspect in this game is highly polished and flows together nicely.

X - OK, so chances are you like FF7 and hate this game, but I enjoyed it immensely. The team did great work with cinematic sequences and lush environments. The linearity didn't bother me so much, as I figured they were trying to accomplish something specific here.

XI - I can't say much here, as I'd only played to level 30 or so, but what I did experience was at least more interesting than Everquest.

X-2 - Forget about the "Charlie's Angels" theme for a second and you'll find that the story is really deep and multi-faceted, while the combat engine can offer quite a bit of challenge. Plus we revisit the job system, which can only be good.

XII - Don't know yet. What I DO know is that this isn't the regular FF team; rather, these are the people who have worked on titles like Tactics and Vagrant Story, games which have a solid following and have received rave reviews.

Ive been playing Final fantasy 10,its kinda linear except for the side missions,and why does the the main character have to sound like
Micheal J.Fox?

Bucket said:

VI - Amazing music and graphics, memorable characters and locations, interesting story. Probably the first game I've ever played where I walked away from it feeling I'd experienced something unique.

I felt the same way... there have been few games since FFVI where I've beaten it and thought "wow... I can't believe it's really over" and even felt regret that the story had come to an end. It was a bit sad in that regard, but well worth it.

In a word, no. Apparently everyone is quite satisfied with the voice acting.

eviladam said:

Ive been playing Final fantasy 10,its kinda linear except for the side missions,and why does the the main character have to sound like
Micheal J.Fox?

You mean Philip J. Fry? Cause that's the guy who voices him.

Bucket said:

In a word, no. Apparently everyone is quite satisfied with the voice acting.

You mean Philip J. Fry? Cause that's the guy who voices him.

Wow..a futurama voice actor?
They messed up,well in my opinion

*puts on nerdy glasses*
(Meh auron has more power anyway)