Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
MmM

Veteran

This is a 'Veteran' monster from the Playstation game Final Fantasy 9.

This critter is still under construction, so this is just a preview for now. Yesterday, I attached the legs, tail, and body to one another and I made the right wing as well, but I didn't get to capture an image of that progress yet. What you see here is the previous two days worth of work. I anticipate I'll have the finished product up Monday or Tuesday.

More progress:

Day 3 & 4 photos:

Day 5 photos (complete but unpainted):

What I have painted so far, as of this morning:

Completed accessories and phoenix down designs. I started a bottle of Ether this morning (not pictured) and I also need to make a Phoenix Pinion--basically all the stuff you can get from stealing from or beating a Veteran.

This should be finished up today or tomorrow.

I continue to be impressed by all of these models you've made and posted on here. I'm not always familiar with the characters but the detail and general craftsmanship is fantastic. Keep it up!

great stuff. Do I see a resemblence to Mc Farlane toys. water dreagon 3 anyone. and the concept art it's mased off of reminds me of the classic covers figures :)

Shapeless:

I was just using the McFarlane Dragons 3 base for ease of display during the photo-taking process (there's a disclaimer on the Veteran's webpage, in the materials section, noting that I did not make the base). I used a bottle rocket stick for the same purpose in the unpainted photos.

Yes, the game card does kind of invoke the feel of the Classic Covers mini-art that came with some of the Spawn series figures, but it's just coincidence, not intentional. The scale of the card was actually decided by my gaming television, I measured the Veteran card's dimensions on my TV screen (5 cm x 6.5 cm) with a ruler and used that height and width for the card replication. The Final Fantasy VIII Triple Triad cards I've made in the past, on the other hand, are modeled after the size of standard 'real' playing cards and are 2-3 times larger. I was originally going to use that scale for the Veteran card as well, but decided to go with something smaller at the last moment.

Oh I see about the base. I didn't read any of your info. Didn't know you were into dragons. they tend to grow on you. Mc farlane toys wouldn't be the first to have little concept stand up's ;)

keep em coming. hopefully Doom related