Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DJShrimpy

Doomworld Popups!!! >:(

Everytime I click on a link here in the forums, I get a popup, and it is very fustrating. Is Doomworld causing this or is it spyware or something?

I have the same problem...there's five pop ups now just coming to the site, coming to the forums, clicking on a topic, and replying to the post.

Blame telefagged for using fucking popup adverts. On the other hand posting seems to not take an eternity anymore.

Generally I find navigating Doomworld quite a bit more painful since all these ads started. I'm personally not keen on disabling java and having various third-party add-ons just so I can navigate one site painlessly, but thankfully Firefox 2.0 seems to get rid of all the pop-ups for me (some of the swines used to still get through with the older versions).

I still get the problem where pages will occasionally jump to the end of the page upon loading, a fix for that would be nice.

Telefragged seems to have made the UGO popup with scantily clad women automatic with every Doomworld refresh. I don't really want to add a popup blocker so I just shove it down to the bottom of the screen till I'm done browsing Doomworld. I use FF sometimes but it's a bit slower on my computer, so often I'm on IE.

baronofhell said:
Thank you myk! I still sometimes get the sound of a pop up, but without the actual ad..I love you myk!

Actually, I deleted my post because that didn't help; after a while they came back. I think maybe it just deleted some cookie and then when it came back it started again. So if that fails doing what mordeth implied on the other thread, adding mediamgr.ugo.com as localhost to a HOSTS file on your Windows directory will work in any case, though.

Google Toolbar in IE seems to work just fine. Blocks them everytime I come here

Just adding ad.yieldmanager.com to my HOSTS file got rid of the few popups that Firefox couldn't block on its own without any extra ad blocking software. That ad server is aggressive and annoying anyway. I've had problems with it at work too, where I blocked it on all the library computers (our proxy filtering is supposed to block ad sites, but doesn't block this one for SOME reason -- I've been told our tech provider has some kind of clause in the contract that states they can tell us what to block or not to block, which is major BS. I don't care what they say, frankly).

Ah, so the popup comes from banner.telefragged.com, not mediamgr.ugo.com...

/me casts a Restricted Sites spell on the URL

Every single time I click on a link, a new pop up arises. I do not have problems with pop ups at any other site I visit, actually I have no pop ups at all whatsoever. But here at doomworld, they are really out in full force. This sucks, I love surfing these forums, trying to stay in touch with the good old days of dooming....