Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kristian Ronge

Kama Sutra demos [-complevel 2]

VinceDSS said:

too bad you dont record for AV, compet-n's AV tables are full of holes :(

Well Myk is right but Vince has a good point. I haven't given given AV the attention it deserves. Maybe I should do a tyson for av map08.

That was a phenomenal demo xit. Your dodging skills (especially around the mancubi) are some of the best I have ever seen!

Instead of bumping up the old Kama Sutra demo thread I'ld thought i would just say it here.

I've recently gone through and watched the Kama Sutra Demo Set and to all you guys who had a hand in creating it; that was simply a phenomenal effort guys. You lot really need to get your butt into gear and create a new demoset of some megawad so the community can once again sit back and watch Doom as its meant to be played!

Thanks, Phil! We spent a lot of time (I know I did anyway; I think I can speak for most of the people involved in that demo pack) working on those runs. It's always nice to hear from people who enjoy them. :-)

Here are two strolling demos for Kama Sutra, maps 4 and 30. I recorded them back in August, 2005, but never uploaded them (though I have sent them privately to some people). Today is just as good a time as any to upload them, since it's Ling's birthday today (and he invented strolling). These are dedicated to him. Enjoy!

Xit's demos have inspired me to start playing this wad for the first time over the past few days (yep, I'm a semi-noob with a lot of catching up to do). I've got to say this is a brilliant wad and congratulations to the designers - gameplay, design, atmosphere are all first rate. But most of all it's the originality and sense of humour that stand out.

I've only played through the first half so far due to developing a bit of an obsession with the fantastic Map 14. After a lot of work I managed to get the UV Max time below the seven minute mark: ks14-658. It's a new route, and a relatively safe one too, though it does take some of the fun out of the map. I've done 6:46 practicing from a savegame, so there's still much room for improvement - maybe somewhere near six minutes is possible ;-)

That is great cack_handed!, I also found some around 6 mins route on this map when that demopack was in progress but, well, it wasn't so safe one and I didnt got a survival exit. But I hadn't tried so hard. I will watch your demo and tell you some possible route improvements if I will find something.
Oh, and thanks for the kind words about the wad! :)

Btw. I realized that there are also two new demos by Radeg: map02 in 1:52 and map17 in 7:20, just hope he will permit them to be uploaded.

Very cool demos! Makes me want to start recording again... Hmmm, maybe it's time to take a whack at it.

Great demos Mr. Method ecspecially the ending of map04 was sweet surprise! i totally forgot about this way of finnishing the map.

Yes, it's always nice to see shortcuts from Speed routes used in Max demos. I'm not surprised to see that the ks05 didn't feature both tricks though. :)

Ok one new max for map15 :
http://method.czweb.org/ks15-606.zip
or: http://www.doomworld.com/sda/dwdemo/ks15-606.zip

I had back luck on my way from bfg back to cyberdemon..Some monsters blocked me so i was little while stucked but don't worry they were punish :)

Notice for author of this map - Where you got idea to put that gunner to the toilets.The time which i spent with waiting for them is killing me! But maybe it's tester's mistake :pp

Hmmm you should try to visit another rooms around during the waiting for teleporting chaingunners.
Next time I will rather hire oranguthan Zofian as a playtester.:)

In the last area, wouldn't it make sense to shoot the cross thingy with the SSG as soon as you get there (as in Anima's ks15-140.lmp)? It should mean less waiting around. Or is there a problem with that?

I recorded map14 in 6:31 but it was quite unlucky try, I know it is goes around 6 mins or below with same route which differs from the route by cack-handed.
Grazza: Method was unaware about that trick in map15...

For once (actually, for the first time) I actually made a demo that wasn't UV Speed or Pacifist. It's a MAP01 UV Tyson in 1:17. Don't expect anything Xit-like, but I did put a bit of work into the demo over the last couple weeks, and I just hope it isn't that bad. ;)

I also did a MAP02 Tyson in 4:47, but I'd rather work on improving the time before releasing it.

I tried the map 12 pacifist run back in May, 2005, with a best time of 0:14. Thought of trying it again today, and quickly got a 0:13, and then an exit with 0:11. Of course it could and should be done in (at least) 0:10, as Jakub's speedrun demonstrates, but I quickly grew tired of having to rely purely on luck, so...

Map 12 UV pacifist in 0:11.

BTW, the trick jump doesn't require a lamp glide, strafe-50 is enough.

Kristian's "all you need is luck" reminded me of a task I had been trying on and off for a while (my "failures" zip includes a number of near-misses from October and November 2005).

Map13 UV Speed/Pacifist in 0:10.

Map13 UV Speed/Pacifist. Hehe, that reminds me of some very frustrating hours. Congrats, Grazza! I'm sure you can do it in 0:09 ;)

I also recorded a KSutra demo: Map31 UV Max in 12:37.