Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Foofoo

idea: Old Doom

ive had this one for quite a while actually- its where all the graphics of doom are greyscaled and possibly with thin white vertical lines moving around the screen to similate old movies. and when a monster sees/hears you, instantly a black screen comes up with a fancy border with '"Snarl!"' and things written on it. the music in the background could be like piano salloon-ish music. and doomguy's mug has one of those big swirly mustaches.

or maybe a wad called something like Plan Doom From Outerspace. and all the monsters have visible strings attached to them coming down from the ceiling and when they die they get lifted up quickly. and in some areas you can cables running across the ground and set lights and small parts of the walls could be open and behind it you can see stage hands and props and stuff

And how about WESTERN Doom ?

With Colt .45, Winchester lever actions, "Scatterguns", Gatlints, and sticks of dynamite instead of rockets :-)

Doomguy with curly moustache? How about hair brillantine and face makeup then?

This idea seems a bit farfetched. Strings might be a little awkward, but the other things such as the lines on the screen are a bit interesting. The black boxes that pop up are also very intuitive.

I don't know about this map idea, but if someone actually decides to make it, I'd play it.

Do you know the horror-themed First-Person Shooter Nosferatu? It had that old movie style, complete with the black and white text screens instead of cutscenes. It´s quite a cool and unique game (it´s from arround 2003 as far as I remember).

I believe it could it get quite annoying if every time you shot your gun a black box will pop up and say "bang" or "boom" etc.

Antidote said:

I believe it could it get quite annoying if every time you shot your gun a black box will pop up and say "bang" or "boom" etc.

A black box doesn't nesscarily have to come up with every sound effect. Maybe it could be used just for cut-scenes. The different ideas and possibilities can make just about anything.

"Vile villian, I demand your return to the realm from whence you aquired yourself most humbly" could be what old doomguy says on a black screen

HobbsTiger1 said:

Dear sir I demand an antidote for your idiocy.

Hahaha, good one.

DarkSoul520 said:

A black box doesn't nesscarily have to come up with every sound effect. Maybe it could be used just for cut-scenes. The different ideas and possibilities can make just about anything.

Yes... maybe it would be be better for that. I mean, you never saw those boxes for sound effects in those old movies anyways.

Foofoo said:

"Vile villian, I demand your return to the realm from whence you aquired yourself most humbly" could be what old doomguy says on a black screen

Yeah, but come on. They didn't talk like that in the 1920's. Well, maybe some old British aristocrat who just had a stroke might say that.

heh yeah my timing is a bit out. btw, the start screen could be a pic of mars with a face with the UAC base in its eye

"What's this? I could only reel in shock as the squamous green ichor effaced it's way down my leg. In startlement, I realized that I was now radioactive. Oh the cursed fortune... this could bear no good news."

"You sir, are quite large, and must, by deduction, have proportionally large intestinal organs!"

Jehar said:

"What's this? I could only reel in shock as the squamous green ichor effaced it's way down my leg. In startlement, I realized that I was now radioactive. Oh the cursed fortune... this could bear no good news."

"You sir, are quite large, and must, by deduction, have proportionally large intestinal organs!"

ROFL

"I shall rend your flesh this way and that! Rend this way and that! I believe the evening train cometh now!"

Scuba Steve said:

"POWDERKEG!"

"I am hereby practicing high cuisine using a gas powered stove! A torn and rended mess of vertebrae layeth in my bare hand, and insane thoughts wander through my tormented head. Apparently, that seems to be thy spinal cord sir, thou shalt accept this fact!"

Heh, and what weapons should old Doomguy use?

Fist (but practicing "le Noble Art", aka good old fashioned gentlemen's boxing or whatever...

Sword (what good would a gentleman be without a knowledge of fencing?)

Single-shot pistol (for honorable duels with respectable and worthy adversaries)

Double-barelled hand-crafted shotgun (for practicing the highly aristocratic sport of clay/pigeon shooting, and each time he shoots he must yell "Pull!" )

Elephant gun - (A double-barelled rifle shooting classical big game rounds, because every gentleman that respected himself went for big game hunting in Africa to keep the myth of the Great White Hunter alive, blimey!)

Black hair and brillantine would work, too :-)