Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dusty

Finally! A pic of my id Software Collection!!

amnesia said:

yea, that's cool. i hope to buy one right out of college. i guess your internet business really helped

Working 80-120 hours a week for a few years helped. I taught myself everything, learned from mistakes, reinvested virtually all the profits for years, and worked as many hours as necessary so I could relax and work less as I get older and retire young. I can't imagine being chained to a desk until I'm 65, that's no life at all.

oh, yea... that's cool. definitely awesome that you can buy all that stuff... i bet your house is HUGE.

im pretty fortunate to be going to the best school in the world, where you get like $100K sign on bonuses and stuff for an ibanking job

back on topic, the doom collection made planetdoom i see... and i love your story about doom. i was around 4 or 5 when i remember playing it from compuserve shareware downloads

amnesia said:

back on topic, the doom collection made planetdoom i see... and i love your story about doom. i was around 4 or 5 when i remember playing it from compuserve shareware downloads

My house is pretty cool. I live on 30 acres, nice and peaceful, I enjoy the privacy a lot. I am building a shifter kart track next spring, might as well put the land to use eh? :-)

Congrats on your school choice and your promising future. Life is what you make it, although I can say money does not buy happiness. It does buy some cool and fun toys though LOL.

Yes my pic made Pic Of The Day on PlanetDoom which I thought was great! Doom, in some twisted way, got me where I am today. I can't say for sure if I'd be here anyhow, but a few key things in my life delivered me opportunities, and owning my first computer was one of them. That's a computer I would not have bought had it not been for Doom!

oh... yea.

I believe money does buy happiness. if i can not buy something, i will be pretty angry...

so... being poor sucks. and money, at the end of the day, is the only thing that matters and what brings together the rich.

i like those nostalgic 90s stories... like spending time at walmart... i remember how cool it was when things on tv were actually good.

do you do any programming?

Seems that everyone that doesn't have money thinks it buys happiness. :-)

However poor you are, I was more. Best schools don't come cheap. Being financially poor did motivate me to become successful, and still does to this day. However there is WAY more to life than money, no doubt.

I got into programming a little 12 years ago, but honestly it bored me to tears so that did not go far. I learned a little C, enough to get around, but quit almost as quick as I started.

amnesia said:

im pretty fortunate to be going to the best school in the world, where you get like $100K sign on bonuses and stuff for an ibanking job

What school might that be

Dusty said:

Seems that everyone that doesn't have money thinks it buys happiness. :-)

However poor you are, I was more. Best schools don't come cheap. Being financially poor did motivate me to become successful, and still does to this day. However there is WAY more to life than money, no doubt.

oh, yea, i am not poor... i know that driving a porsche is true happiness and if i could not, i'd be pissed. my tuition is rape. :) $200K

to the other person, look at the US NEWS and world report and look at #1.

ASSUMING I kept every dollar of every paycheck, the government deducted no taxes and I didn't have to buy food/pay rent/live...

It would take me over 8 years to afford that car.

Yes I got my HellKnight statue 2day (Its No. 17) but both of feet got amputated by the shipment from China... but nothing super-glue can't fix
dusty you got yours yet? maybe you can update your pic when you do

Wow sorry yours got broke! :(

Mine are not here yet but I just emailed Alex at F4F to check on them.

I will take pics of it when I have it, but I don't possibly have the time to re-do that pic every time. I've already received in another 10-15 items since I took the last pic! LOL its already outdated, wow...

o my... thats A CRAPLOAD of Id stuff!

just out of curiocity, do u keep them clean? No joke im serious, cause i know that collectables accumulate dust easily and ur collection looks spotless

Very nice, thank you for showing

Thanks Inferno! Yes I do keep them clean. I currently am taking detailed pics of each individual item and putting them in painted display cases we assembled that are in my computer room. I will then photograph my computer room and show off how it looks with everything in it. The glass display cases are sealed well, so most items stay fairly clean anyhow.

Actually I am working on my Excel file now. Tells me the info I need to know including what I paid. Its not complete yet so I can't say.

You're missing the giant cardboard QuakeII display box. Quite an impressive collection. My favorite piece has to be the Doom jacket.

*looks at id Sofware collection*

SWEET MERCIFUL CRAP.

I love you. Well, not really, I swing only one way, and that's toward the girls. But seriously, really nice collection there.

POTGIESSER said:

You're missing the giant cardboard QuakeII display box. Quite an impressive collection. My favorite piece has to be the Doom jacket.

Feel free to sell me the giant cardboard Quake II display box!! :)

Doom jacket is one of my favorites too. I got to wear it to a pre-screening of Doom last year. That's the only time I've ever worn it.

Raikoh_Minamoto - LOL thanks man. I understand, its that brotherly kinda chest thumping love LOL.

Dusty said:

Feel free to sell me the giant cardboard Quake II display box!! :)

Sadly I don't have one myself to sell to you. Back when I was still in highschool, there was one that sat in the computer lab. I was going to steal it and stick it in my room. But then I thought about how I'd look running out the school down the street with this giant box in my hands and pussied out.

amnesia said:

I believe money does buy happiness. if i can not buy something, i will be pretty angry...

so... being poor sucks. and money, at the end of the day, is the only thing that matters and what brings together the rich.

It'd be interesting and fun to see what would happen to you without all that money. :)

Anyway, that is a pretty impressive collection you've got there. How much money do you think you could make with all that stuff? I'm betting enough to buy a couple of first class cruises to some tropical islands...

Freakin' Noob said:

And to think i devote time to my girlfriend...

*whistling sound* BOOOOM! Name Drop!

It's too bad individuals can't have a hobby AND a relationship at the same time.

Something I didn't see in there was one of the signed copies of the Doom 3 theme record by Chris Vrenna made by Waxploitation. Do you have one of those? ;)

Scuba Steve said:

*whistling sound* BOOOOM! Name Drop!

Hee hee, girlfriend name dropping is the funniest. I used to have a teacher who would do it all the time...

Anyway, DJShrimpy, it's still better than most people's collections by far!

Texas Libra said:

Something I didn't see in there was one of the signed copies of the Doom 3 theme record by Chris Vrenna made by Waxploitation. Do you have one of those? ;)

I have 5. :-)