Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MikeyScoots

If all you sucka's want a Wii badly, this deal is for you!

EBGames/Gamestop will be taking Wii Bundle preorders today around noon or something.

This Thursday evening (CST), November 9, your opportunity to get in on the excitement arrives when our online-only Wii Bundle pre-order becomes available. You'll get the best games, accessories and more in one convenient package delivered right to your door. Supplies extremely limited.

The Nintendo Wii bundle includes the following items:

Nintendo Wii Console (includes 1 remote controller, 1 nunchuck, cables, sensor bar, console stand, and Wii Sports game)
Wii Memory SD 1GB
Additional Wii Remote Controller
6 Games:
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Trauma Center: Second Opinion
Red Steel
Marvel Ultimate Alliance
Super Monkey Ball Banana Blitz
Madden NFL 2007
12 Month Product Replacement Plan
Game Informer Gift Subscription

$694.88 plus tax and handling

694.88! Thats only 94.88 dollars more than the PS3!

Hmm. Or, I could walk into a store, get the thing, and not let some retard pick my games and extras for me.

I agree with AndrewB. If I was gonna splash out that much (which I'm not), I'd want to choose my own crap to get with it.

Fredrik said:
Don't fall for that! They're just trying to get your money!

I bet Bloodskull gets 10%...

12 month Product Replacement Plan? WTF? I don't remember needing one of those with my NES.

I wonder if it's a pamphlet that says "You should plan on having to replace your product after 12 months or so."

The last place I go to anymore for video game merchandise is a video games store. I'll check out Bed, Bath and Beyond before I consider going through that fucking mess.

That's not a bundle order .. that's like .. some sort of monster all you can eat overkill order. Who the hell is going to get this?

Just doing some sketchy math, I don't think you would even pay the amount listed if you walked into a store and bought those items.

udderdude said:

That's not a bundle order .. that's like .. some sort of monster all you can eat overkill order. Who the hell is going to get this?

Mostly ignorant parents I would imagine. Their kid's going to tell them they want one and they're going to buy the first thing they see without shopping around because it's just easier that way.

I'm waiting until after Christmas and maybe even early next year. Wal-Mart drops their prices pretty low after the seasonal rush. As for eb games (only game shop in town) I wouldn't even trust then with one of my cummiy tissues. Every time I have a problem they analyse me and give me the roughest time trying to have a refund, or most of the time its store credit. Wal-Mart just takes it back no questions asked before 90 days.

And no one give me that Imperial Wal-Mart trash because I shop where it’s the cheapest.

Bah, I never caught onto the concept that much...I guess it works once you get it down.

Bah, There were SMB-esque games way before SMB. Marble Madness for instance.

I agree though, The game concept is very fun.

Super monkey ball PWNS!

I think the earliest would be Dshump actually. But back then it was just a ball that bounced on a Skyroads like track. But then they mixed it with RollCage 2 scramble tracks and everyone was happy. (Ok, I don't know if any of these games came out before RC2 so sue me)

Now that I think about it, there was one even earlier game for Atari ST that did just that, but it was even more like Skyroads as it had that fake 3d a-la skyroads and lotus. Oh to hell with it, I am sure some of you know of even older versions of the concept.

udderdude said:

Who the hell is going to get this?

I wouldn't be surprised. People paid something like 20 dollars to watch other people play Madden 2007 (I think that was the game) on pay-per-view.

AndrewB said:

Why not? SMB is a good concept for a game.

Yeah, when SMB = Super Mario Bros.

AirRaid said:

Bah, There were SMB-esque games way before SMB. Marble Madness for instance.

I agree though, The game concept is very fun.

All these games are actually based on a much much older totally analogue unelectronic wooden toy.

kristus said:

Now that I think about it, there was one even earlier game for Atari ST that did just that, but it was even more like Skyroads as it had that fake 3d a-la skyroads and lotus. Oh to hell with it, I am sure some of you know of even older versions of the concept.

Trailblazer (1986) is the oldest one I can remember.

HobbsTiger1 said:

Spindizzy is the greatest game of this marble madness-esque group of games

Indeed. Amazing what you can fit into 64 kb or less. In terms of awesomeness it's right next to Starquake and Head Over Heels.

Belial said:

Trailblazer (1986) is the oldest one I can remember.

I bought this game in 1988, iirc

Considering the fact that you have to pay for your PS3...THEN buy some games for it, I think this is a sure deal for me. Then again, if I had 600+ dollars to spend, I would go ahead and buy a PS3. But I don't.

I'll just wait till the Wii drops down to $200. I'm not putting up with this rabid find-Tickle-Me-Elmo spirit this time around, the Wii can wait.

Little Faith said:

All these games are actually based on a much much older totally analogue unelectronic wooden toy.

Funny how many electronic games were based on toys.

Doom Marine said:

Wii can wait.

Wii can only wait so long.

Great. Now I'm part of the wii joke club.