Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Kelzam

Blame

Xenphire said:

YouTube tag not displaying properly.

I think you just need to put the code in between the tags:

[yt]Uh0WGhf2s3U[/yt]

Not completely sure though, since my security settings block this stuff anyway.

Dear lord, I am so tired of hearing this guy's shit. He acts like a whipping boy because of a school shooting nine years ago, when he should be thanking his lucky stars he got an extension on his 15 minutes. His points aren't all that insightful and I've heard them time and time again. He's just another weirdo who got one too many swirlies in school, and now he's running with a title he knows he can't live up to (and making mediocre hard rock music while he's at it).

And if any Manson fans want to bitch: I used to be just like him. Then puberty ended.

Bucket said:
Then puberty ended.

While I can't take the guy very seriously, don't make me laugh even more: Here you are posting chitchat about him in some obsucre blog section of a gaming forum while he's out there earning millions and hanging out with Dita von Teese and the like.

Yeah so I stopped listening when he tried shifting the blame for school shootings to the emphasis on athletics in schools today. I mean I don't think it's right that video games/music should take a disproportionate amount of the blame, but come on.

myk said:

While I can't take the guy very seriously, don't make me laugh even more: Here you are posting chitchat about him in some obsucre blog section of a gaming forum while he's out there earning millions and hanging out with Dita von Teese and the like.

My life is just fine, thanks.
I'm just saying that the idea of Marilyn Manson thinking he's "fighting the good fight" is ridiculous.

He's overly cynical about everything, but he always has good points. I like his "god band-aid" analogy. It's so true. Also, I like "is adult entertainment killing our children or is killing children entertaining adults?".

Bucket said:

My life is just fine, thanks.
I'm just saying that the idea of Marilyn Manson thinking he's "fighting the good fight" is ridiculous.

"Fighting the good fight?" Last I checked he was telling it the way it is. I think its funny when he can sit there for ten minutes and make very good points about violence and the condition of things as they are in a country that does whatever it wants as long as it is under the name of God, among other relevant issues, but you can sit there and actually somehow try to relate not wanting to grasp or hear what he's saying to being "after puberty".

Kid Airbag said:

Yeah so I stopped listening when he tried shifting the blame for school shootings to the emphasis on athletics in schools today. I mean I don't think it's right that video games/music should take a disproportionate amount of the blame, but come on.

[snip]

Forget the long response. If you can't see why the emphasis on athletics is a problem (not THE absolute problem, mind you), well, I'm sorry.

I don't think it's a focus on athletics that's the problem so much as it is human nature to torment the weak and parade those we perceive to be "superior". We are still animals, after all, and survival of the fittest hasn't gone away, it's only changed forms.

The problem with schools is that they do not create a constructive, participative society, but rather function as prisons. School culture parallels prison culture on every level. About the only difference is the level of violence, and in some areas (inner cities mostly) even that is scant different.

The people that hate school were just a bunch of fag dorks anyway I punch their throats

am i rite or wut

Before I say anything, I'd like to say that I am not a fan of Manson's music, or style or anything.. nothing personal, I'm just not to big on it. I also think that he is somewhat of a hypocrite in the sense that he's rich and famous and all, and sounds a bit too sure of himself. However, I think everyone should listen to this all the way through..while there are some psychobabblish things he says that sound too self-righteous, a lot of his points actually make sense, but are things that most people don't say (but someone like me and a lot of people I know think about a lot, and feel like we can't say due to the backlash of society).

All of his points are either trite and cliche or infantile. Talk about someone streching their 15 minutes of fame.

Ralphis said:

The people that hate school were just a bunch of fag dorks anyway I punch their throats

am i rite or wut

...and Ralphis moves in to prove the point. Zooooom!

I've been reading about Brian Deneke, the kid who was runover at the IHOP that Manson is talking about, and I can't believe how the killer only got 10 years probation. Also, one of the dumbest quotes ever (someone who defends the killer, Dustin Camp):
"But Wilson, a friend of Camp's, said the probated sentence was the best possible outcome.

"I'm happy for Dustin," Wilson said. "This has totally ruined his life. What happened was wrong. He made an error in judgment that will cost him for the rest of his life.

"I feel sorry for both sides - the Deneke family because they've lost their son, and Dustin because he's lost his life. He can never vote, never hold a government job, never own a gun."
http://amarillo.com/stories/090299/new_unsurpri.shtml

First of all, I believe Brian lost his life. Not Dustin. Cause Brian's the one who's dead right? Dustin is the one who's free to walk the streets after KILLING someone. Yeah that sounds like he's really lost his life.

Oh and he can never vote? Oh boo hoo, I'm sure we want more Bible Belt jocks voting in dumbasses like Bush, thats just what we need! And he can never hold a government job? Oh wait, that does suck, thats what happens to 99% of backwater jock hicks who realize they actually suck at football outside of high school. Oh and finally, he can never own a gun? You gotta hand it to the right wing hicks, they never forget about the important things in life. Who the fuck cares about free speech, and the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness when you might not be able to OWN A GUN *gasp*?? Why the fuck would they want a felon with a gun anyway? So he could kill more people and claim it was a mistake? What a joke.

It reminds me of my friend's death. Of course, at that point he was friends with jocks and preps and there wasn't any murder, just irresponsible partying, but still the comments that were made were equally stupid.

I remember hearing about the Brian Deneke case from some show on A&E. I was totally disgusted by the verdict. 10 years probation? That's basically a slap on the wrist for cold-blooded murder. Witnesses noted that Dustin received twisted pleasure from running the boy over.

It's obvious we will never stop judging someone by their looks, which is the only reason Brian's killer, Dustin, could get any sympathy for killing someone who dressed outside the norm.

It appears to be Columbine inversed. Draw your own conclusions on how messed up that is.

I don't defend the Columbine killers but I don't defend Dustin either. But I guess when left to a jury, jocks killing people is acceptable, but if Harris and Klebold hadnt killed themselves, the state would have probably done it for them.