Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Foofoo

idea: Nice Doom

so ok, instead of monsters trying to get you killed and you having to kill them, maybe the monsters give you presents. e.g, the imp fireballs are presents, and when it hits you, a gift meter goes up. and you also shoot presents at them. maybe more of a christmas .wad??

maybe also if you get too many gifts and you dont give them enough, you'll become materialistic and greedy, so as to why you have to shoot presents back at them. In the end, it pretty much comes down to the same thing really.

leileilol said:

so e1m8's ending is the best christmas ever?

Considering that e1m8 even LOOKS like my Christmas tree, I approve your idea. But how are we gonna implement it? Thru hex editing? A port ENTIRELY designed for dealing presents?

printz said:

Considering that e1m8 even LOOKS like my Christmas tree, I approve your idea. But how are we gonna implement it? Thru hex editing? A port ENTIRELY designed for dealing presents?

This reminds me a lot of those "Win through losing" type board games, such as anti-monopoly where you have to LOSE money to win (but of course there are a lot of opportunities to GAIN money).

In the end, it would work exactly the same if there were no health bonuses around, and the doomguy had to drain health from monsters by attacking them.

You could replace "health" with "gifts" and change the threshold systems (e.g. start at 0 gifts and the more you have, the worse) or keep the normal health system , but in the end it's nothing exceptional.