Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Fredrik

DOOM music

The reason why you listen to music is that it adds to the atmosphere of the game. DOOM got lots of its atmosphere thanks to the music.

I dunno, probably, but I haven't been around to see that. Eternal DOOM had decent music, nothing spectacular. I liked MAP30 but most others were pretty mediocre. Like DOOM2's music :P

Exactly; I'm a musician. When I hear music I immediately start thinking about how it's done, the melody, the style, etc; and I just can't pay enough attention to anything else that's going on.

Speaking of music in computer games: Diablo music rocks ;)

It most certainly does not, excepting the Tristram theme.

On Diablo, Diablo 2 is a humoungous disappointment.

/me plays NOX.

The reason why you listen to music is that it adds to the atmosphere of the game. DOOM got lots of its atmosphere thanks to the music.

Hmm.. Doom is pretty atmospheric on its own. I don't think it needs any additional help.

It most certainly does not, excepting the Tristram theme.

Well, that's basically what I meant :)

Diablo music rocks ;)

[/sarcasm]

Bah. At least it's more or less real, and not just some mechanical buzzing like in Doom.

There's no way DOOM would be the same without its music. The dark halls of E2M4, the fateful tension of E1M8... you don't know what you're talking about. Musician, yeah, surely you love gay jazz.

Britney Spears != DOOM music.

Go figure.

Err, so you actually like doom music, not just as a background to the game but by itself? You have it on a CD and listen to it? That's what I meant when I asked what do you like.

Yes, I do listen to DOOM music as music outside of the game. There are actually lots of game music I listen to.

I downloaded that doom music cd bobby prince made. It's cool. Anyway, doom 1 music owns, doom2 sucks.

Yes, I do listen to DOOM music as music outside of the game. There are actually lots of game music I listen to.

See, you have just insulted yourself, i don't even need to flame you :)

<Meh>

Well, I actually don't listen to game music because it's good music but because it makes me recall stuff from the game. DOOM's music is pretty good as stand-alone music though.

I hope no one brings up the subject of Quake's music here. Quake's music sucks so badly that it could make Britney Spears' record company boss cry in horror :)

I hope no one brings up the subject of Quake's music here.

And what you think you just did? :)

Quake's music sucks so badly that it could make Britney Spears' record company boss cry in horror :)

Heh, I even know the reason why :)

See, you have just insulted yourself, i don't even need to flame you :)

Are you saying game music sucks?

I hate how the majority of people believe game music is nothing but beep beeps like in the 70's. Game music of today, when good, is definitely as good as movie soundtrack.