Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cyberdemon007

Favourite PSX doom background music?

I'm not sure which is my favorite, but the music played in level 21 "Mt Erebus" is probably the creepiest.

Is there an MP3 of the music played in PSX Final Doom level 22 "Quarry" anywhere? According to the console doom music.txt it's the same as the music used in PSX Doom levels 16, 34, and 43. While this is partially true, it also incorporates the "baby crying" from the music used in levels 21, 36, and F23.

I always adored the "HANGAR" theme, If I had made the movie, I would've used the hanger theme for the closing credits, with the names and whatnot in blood RED.

I also really liked "LIMBO" theme too.

1. Hell Gate
2. Plant
3. Toxin Refinery
4. Hangar

Hell Gate's track was kinda creepy, what with the breathing in the background and all.

Kinda hard to say what my favourites are but I like them all I listen to them alot when I'm busy mapping.
It helps me creating an dark evil looking doom map, I would love to use this music for my doom maps.

I like "Command Control" alot myself and it lasts the longest of all tracks 9:12 minutes.

I'm gonna have to really listen to them all again before I can tell you, as I love them all. The N64 tracks (which were made by the same composer, Aubrey Hodges) are also quite disturbing as well. The dark ambient soundtracks on these versions of Doom added a whole level of creepiness that the PC version lacked. PC Doom, with the orignal sounds and music, feels more like an frenzied "action-packed adventure," while the PSX tracks make the game feel like a cold, grotesque, hellish experience. I've played PSX Doom quite stoned, and with the music, sounds and colored lighting, it's a much more frightening experience than Doom 3.

I'm noticing that indeed the music is more like NIN's Quake music than the hoppity DOOM 1 music. We need a true soundtrack of these pieces of music. They are really quite nice!

Sign of Evil - E1M8 theme. So much inner pain in it and stuff. I remember when I was 8 or something I made up some weird lyrics to it, too.

As well as Hanger, Plant and the other one in a later episode of the first game that I havent heard for years so I forgot where it's from.

Doomshadow said:

The e1m8 "phobos anomaly" music creeped me out as well

So that's what its called... hah, I thought it was called "Sign of Evil" for so many long years :\

My favs are Deimos Lab and Deimos Anomaly, and of course Mt. Erebus and Hangar. I've even gone and sped up the voices from Deimos Anomaly and the 'demonic chanting' is really saying "Danny Won!" hahaha I wonder what that means...

Anyway, for those looking, Doom Depot [ http://www.doom2.net/~doomdepot/index.html ] has pretty much every different piece of Doom music on every console it has been ported to, as well as a WAD for zDoom to play the PSX music on your computer! It is the good, yes.