Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
999cop

NoSkill's Appreciation/Memorial Thread

Although not too many of us have known this old-doom legend really well, however it is still very sad to hear another gamer out there had met the end of his life. I have watched some of his demos. I didn't really get a chance to play him, which is too bad, but I'm very admired of how his conquerable skills used to be at deathmatch even though he has left the scene of Doom for couple of years already. As the arrrial of new year will soon come, I hope no one else (whether your a gamer or not) will meet up another accident, especially not ending up in a car accident because you are drunk to drive, and would be reported on here. Happy New Year, 2002 everyone!

i got me thinking when i heard this that if i ever died would anyone really know about it? all my friends and family would, sure but what about the other people, such as the doom community. what if one day one of us just stopped showing up. nobody would really think anything of it, they just moved on. sad really.

a wores fate is that of those columbine killers, gave us doomers a bad name, but they where already insane. no game, music, or crap like that makes a person insane. It is sad when we lose a doomer, but that is the way the world works. anyway i hope none of u get drunk off your asses and drive. anyone who drinks and drivers should get beat to death with a baseball bat. also drinking till your pukeing is for dumbasses and tards. so for this new years dont get too drunk. If u drive drunk as the doom guys says "i'll be waiting with a bat when you come back"

I never thought of the "DOOM community" like that much of a community, just a load of people who have something in common and get together because of it :)

To be honest, I do not have long, and having reached 50 anyway, felt "ok it's shorter than I thought but what the hey"

I do not want anyone starting "fod is dying threads" a few close people know anyway, but noskill's passing made me ask my mrs, "modders" to log onto icq and doomserv and now doom connector to inform the deathmatchers that I go gone, it made me think "sheesh I would hate for the "guys" to think I had just fucked off and become dissinterested", so she has this one duty when I go gone

I never thought of the "DOOM community" like that much of a community, just a load of people who have something in common and get together because of it :)

That's the definition of "community," man. Sure, we might not be the closest bunch of friends, but we'll still stick up for each other when the shit hits the fan, y'know? :)

It's always a tragic loss when one of the great gamers passes on. Raise a glass for NoSkill tonight, will ya? I know I will.

This community is pretty tight nowadays since there are hardly any of us, but still...if I did die, none of you would know, especialy since I live so far away from all of you (I think I'm the only one who lives on the west coast).
If I do dissapear, its most likely that I grew disinterested...I may even stop going here soon because my internet time is probably going to dwindle in the next couple weeks. I will check in time to time, though.

Wait, when did this happen? I played someone named NoSkill on ZDaemon yesterday.

(I think I'm the only one who lives on the west coast)

Doesn't President-Lewtennnant Nuzzle© say that he's in Red Kalivornia every fucking day?

I don't think anyone would know if I died, either... as hardly anybody really -cares- about my status. The only way you'd know is if my website went without updates for about a year... I have nobody where I live that would make any announcement, and like hell I'd give anyone my site password to say "hey, Red's dead" >_<. Everyone'd just forget I existed anyhow... meaningless life is mine ^_^;;....

I don't think anyone would know if I died, either... as hardly anybody really -cares- about my status. The only way you'd know is if my website went without updates for about a year... I have nobody where I live that would make any announcement, and like hell I'd give anyone my site password to say "hey, Red's dead" >_<. Everyone'd just forget I existed anyhow... meaningless life is mine ^_^;;....

I know what that's like, girl. Try going to my site and reading my latest journal entry, if I could be so bold as demand 10 or so minutes from your life. You'll see what I mean. It's the M in me in my sig. Yeah. Not the stupid evomo thing.

I know what that's like, girl. Try going to my site and reading my latest journal entry, if I could be so bold as demand 10 or so minutes from your life. You'll see what I mean. It's the M in me in my sig. Yeah. Not the stupid evomo thing.

Read it... know what you mean -_-. Even your point about most women is reasonably true, at least for most that I know. I'll likely die without a human companion because I doubt any male would be willing to accept what I am... and that I would be unwilling to put any who -would- accept me through pain because I am, bluntly in many ways an emotional mess. Life sucks, so I'm going to ignore it as much as possible. Yay.

The world has lost another great person, his skills gone forever to the wind, as his body laid to rest in the ground, but forever etched in our minds will be the talent of NoSkill. R.I.P.

I'll likely die without a human companion because I doubt any male would be willing to accept what I am...

I doubt that. Of course this is coming from a guy who gets attracted to girls by their personality, but still...there are other guys out there like me, and you seem to be more interesting than most girls...

I doubt that. Of course this is coming from a guy who gets attracted to girls by their personality, but still...there are other guys out there like me, and you seem to be more interesting than most girls...

*Sighs* yeah, but being I'm 5'1", built like a tank naturally and pretty much lacking most things considered "attractive" by most of the male population... heh. I've learned that in general society, even in -friendships- one of the things that matters most these days is looks. Depressing...

Hopefully someday I may actually find one who is single who likes my personality... until that day I'm going to be as pessimistic as I am now. At least I have things to do while whittling away my lifespan... granted, not of any significance, but beats the hell out of just sitting in a corner crying about how unfair life is.

If I died it'd probably leak out from my brother over ZDaemon or something.

I've learned that in general society, even in -friendships- one of the things that matters most these days is looks. Depressing...

ROFL...most of my friends are pretty damn ugly, but we're all pretty close. Sadly, I'm one of the more attractive members of our clique-thing.

well, if someone of you guys dies, i know that cuz if i don't see your posts for ten minutes...just kiddin', though death is the kind of thing that isn't nice to joke with. i have feelings and i'm really weak person if someone very close to me dies (and i'm so damn young)

To be honest, I do not have long, and having reached 50 anyway, felt "ok it's shorter than I thought but what the hey"

I do not want anyone starting "fod is dying threads" a few close people know anyway, but noskill's passing made me ask my mrs, "modders" to log onto icq and doomserv and now doom connector to inform the deathmatchers that I go gone, it made me think "sheesh I would hate for the "guys" to think I had just fucked off and become dissinterested", so she has this one duty when I go gone

fod: i wont forget about your existence, my friend =)

well, if someone of you guys dies, i know that cuz if i don't see your posts for ten minutes...just kiddin', though death is the kind of thing that isn't nice to joke with. i have feelings and i'm really weak person if someone very close to me dies (and i'm so damn young

i dont even know if this community could last for so long (im 15 right now, can this community actually last for like 70 something years? doubtful..)however, i'd like to have someone will remember that i've existed

If I died it'd probably leak out from my brother over ZDaemon or something.

heh.

*Sighs* yeah, but being I'm 5'1", built like a tank naturally and pretty much lacking most things considered "attractive" by most of the male population... heh. I've learned that in general society, even in -friendships- one of the things that matters most these days is looks. Depressing...

I have a few things that females consider "attractive", though I think they're broke or something. I just get compliments about my hair and sideburns and clothes and shit. =(

5'1" is a great height. It's the sweet spot between 4'10" and 5'4".

Physical shape means nothing to me, so long as I don't get preached to for having a big ol' booze belly.

Hair should be one extreme or the other, either buzzcut or damned long.

Physically, so long as a woman is within 5 years of my age and alive with nothing terribly out of place I'm cool. Personality is everything anyway and that's why I'll die alone, because I loathe vanity.

Hopefully someday I may actually find one who is single who likes my personality... until that day I'm going to be as pessimistic as I am now.

Amen. I came to that conclusion a decade ago.

At least I have things to do while whittling away my lifespan... granted, not of any significance, but beats the hell out of just sitting in a corner crying about how unfair life is.

I know people that do that. There's no benefit in making a bad situation worse.

Dammit, now I want to DM your little red ass. Why does this always happen? =)

I've thought about this too. None of you (or any other people that I talk with online) would know if I had finally taken that swan dive into the asphalt. I'd be gone. Poof. I've thought of leaving my password to all my shit for someone to notify people, but there is no one here to do that.

For whatever record that may be recording this, you should consider me dead or not able to have access to the internet if I don't make a post or am not online for a year or a year and a half. I won't ever become disinterested.

(I think I'm the only one who lives on the west coast).

Incorrect! :P But you wrote this before this morning.

Doesn't President-Lewtennnant Nuzzle© say that he's in Red Kalivornia every fucking day?

NOOO! Only when I feel like expressing my pride and faith in Governor Komrade Davis. w00t! =!22! I'm in the sane city of Kalifornia, BAH TO SMELL-A.

I'll likely die without a human companion

If I don't find a girl that can take my presence for more than ten consecutive seconds and doesn't fit the American rule in my lifetime that will happen to me too.

Of course this is coming from a guy who gets attracted to girls by their personality

Don't think that you're the only one...

Yeah speaking of friends, I recently found out that half of them weren't REALLY friends at all so I ditched them. Oh well. Friends are bad since they can give away valuable secrets if they are captured and tortured.

I'm going to be as pessimistic as I am now.

Dammit, why isn't Zaldron on your case too? :)

For whatever record that may be recording this, you should consider me dead or not able to have access to the internet if I don't make a post or am not online for a year or a year and a half. I won't ever become disinterested.

Yeah, if I become disinterested (never gonna happen, though), I'll at least post and tell you all. I wouldn't just walk away. If I leave for a strangely extended period of time without and prior notice, then you can probably assume the worst =)

Of course this is coming from a guy who gets attracted to girls by their personality

Don't think that you're the only one...

As important as personality is, there are other aspects...taste, intelligence, looks, athleticism, among other things. Personality is definately the most important thing among there. If I find a girl that I love and can make me laugh, then it doesn't really matter much else. But I find it a fun challenge to go for as close to the complete package as I can get.

well, if someone of you guys dies, i know that cuz if i don't see your posts for ten minutes...just kiddin', though death is the kind of thing that isn't nice to joke with. i have feelings and i'm really weak person if someone very close to me dies (and i'm so damn young)