Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
xenodragon

3D water problems [in Legacy]

I'm trying to make an underwater deathmatch map for Doom Legacy, but whenever you dive underwater, I need a palette change or something to turn the screen tone blue, but normal again as you jump out.

Any ideas?

I don't know but when you use everywhere under water blue texture the screen should be "blue" hm? But maybe it's only because i play under prboom with resolution 320x200

Ok, I think I've found the right linedef type... "(282) Create Colourmap (uphx = colour/alpha)"... But now what? I still can't set the underwater tone as blue!

If you're running the map in OpenGL, use Legacy's 3D coloured lighting, linetype 282. It allows you to specify the colour of any sector using a HEX value in place of the 'upper' texture. In this case, you'll want to tag it to the sector your 3D water is made with, so that it only affects the water and not the surrounding area.

Check the wiki for more detailed instructions:
http://legacywiki.net/index.php/3D_colored_lighting

It does work in software too, but looks a bit fugly.

uh... now I cant find the right HEX code for blue ;) ... It says a six-digit code for the colour and a letter between A and Z for the intensity. I think I'm doing it right, because the water's green when it's set to '#50B', but does anyone know what sequence of numbers the colour blue is?

It's coming out green because you've only used 3 of the 6 characters. The first two characters set Red, the second two are Green and the last two are Blue. So it's #RRGGBB and then a letter from A-Z for intensity.

You want something like #5050B0M or a similar value.