Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
aleksa6

Lol funny wad! [problem making map]

I tried to make a map once using doom builder, and a funny thing happened. I opened a door and the walls started to rise! :D! How do I fix that?

We can only help you figure out the problem, and not just guess, if we could see the map in question, or at least the relevant bits.

D type doors do not need to be tagged bucket, and the line ignore sector tags altogether last I checked

Actually, you open the door and all the walls begin to rise. All the walls. I could give you the wad to check it out. Funny stuff :D!

Do you mean the doortracks ? The smaller length sides of your door rectangle? If so flag the doortrack linedefs lower unpegged.

Sounds like you used an S-type linedef. As Bucket mentioned these need a unique tag otherwise it'll affect all sectors with tag 0 (which from the sounds of things, in your map is all sectors).

But go with what HobbsTiger1 said and switch to D-type linedefs, which will only open the sector behind them...

Beware not to set D-type door specials on door tracks! The game, at least as vanilla Doom, will crash. It even happens under original Doom 2, Level 6: 'The Crusher,' inside the Red-Key door. Proverbially don't try this at home.

... I have no clue what's going on. I coppied the door from the original doom wad and I still have that problem.

What exact linedef action did you give the line which opens the door? Did you give this line a tag number? Did you tag the door sector with this same tag number ?

The tag number must be the same for both the activating line and the affected sector. i.e. Door.

Also, using DoomBuilder in Standard Linedefs, you will notice the various ways a line can be activated. Note D = Door ( do not tag ).This is for both the activating line and the door sector i.e. 0.